Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/11/2003 02:14 AM CDT
I've noticed CoE doesn't activate when PFE does. It happened with goblin shamans too a while ago, and now this.

>A gaunt shadow master gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in a gaunt shadow master's hands. With a flick of its wrist, it sends it flying at you!
A white glow flares around you.
Your dark azure hauberk is slightly damaged.
You cry out as the noose of shadows closes around your chest!
You are stunned!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I had CoE up.

>The swirling fog dissipates from around you.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

Could anyone take a look at this? I have a feeling that CoE could have protected me better than PFE did.

~Aeth

PS. When will CoE protect against missiles too? Personally, I'd like to see that first instead of MRE or RoB.
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/13/2003 01:47 PM CDT
<<>A gaunt shadow master gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in a gaunt shadow master's hands. With a flick of its wrist, it sends it flying at you!
A white glow flares around you.
Your dark azure hauberk is slightly damaged.
You are stunned!>>

Didn't know PFE protected against moonies diz ok spell (ie: shadow noose). That could be your miss-assumption as to why pfe didn't protect you from the shadow masters noose.

Ellsdragon
--Weebles wobble but the don't fall down! or do they?!?
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/13/2003 02:02 PM CDT
Back when Adan'f mages still had magic I would cast PFE and keep it cast. It seemed to help against the mental blast and shadow web spells. These days I probably could just plain resist.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/13/2003 02:03 PM CDT
PFE protects against all spells cast by creatures flagged as "evil".

- Smeg
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/14/2003 12:58 AM CDT
>>Didn't know PFE protected against moonies diz ok spell (ie: shadow noose). That could be your miss-assumption as to why pfe didn't protect you from the shadow masters noose.

PFE protected, notice the white flare. But CoE didn't, which was the point of my original post. It is supposed to protect against all targeted spells, regardless of the caster being evil or not.
Rigby? Talian? A quick comment would be nice.

~Aeth
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/14/2003 06:21 AM CDT
I don't test spells with the zeal Smegul does, but I don't remember ever seeing a visible messaging from CE when targetted by a spell. The effect of CE is at the time of targetting, not at the time of casting aye? It provides a penalty to the targetter not proof against it. If the penalty is overcome, I don't know that I would expect any messaging anyway. Sadly the opportunities for me to have ever used this spell have been nil, so I can't say for sure.

It still could not be functioning correctly and wouldn't hurt to see if it works correctly.

Lagerby
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/14/2003 07:29 AM CDT
It normally churns when a targeted spell is cast on you, whether they hit or not.

>Jairem gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in Jairem's hands. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it flying at you!
The spectral grey fog shrouding you churns rapidly!

>Jairem gestures at you.
A noose of darkest shadows forms in Jairem's hands. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it flying at you!
The spectral grey fog shrouding you churns rapidly!
The noose misses completely!

I tried it with goblin shamans too. It works ok if I don't have PFE up. But it doesn't activate when PFE flares.

~Aeth
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/14/2003 07:29 PM CDT
I stand corrected.

Lagerby
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/15/2003 11:59 AM CDT
I concidered getting this spell a few times. Last I knew though it didn't work. Is this not true?

Daxlynn
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/15/2003 12:40 PM CDT
I mean.. CoE does something. I did find that I was slightly better at evading TM spells with it up. How much it really affects TM spells cast at you I don't know. I didn't test enough to find out because I didn't think the spell helped enough in the first place. So, I don't have a percentage for you.

- Smeg
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/15/2003 05:59 PM CDT
I won't get CE til they get the combat hook in it for range. Once that happens, it will be my new toy...that is until I can get my mist, and when that happens, nothing else matters.

Brother Goou Laughter
Re: Confound Enemies and PFE, bug? 10/16/2003 09:47 AM CDT
>I mean.. CoE does something. I did find that I was slightly better at evading TM spells with it up. How much it really affects TM spells cast at you I don't know. I didn't test enough to find out because I didn't think the spell helped enough in the first place. So, I don't have a percentage for you.

Thank you Smegul. I might get it anyways.. not like I am lacking in spell slots.. ::cough::

Daxlynn