Shield of LIght 09/27/2003 09:43 PM CDT
Argh! I just acquired this spell and cannot cast it!! I try to harness 5-15 mana before casting, but it always fails. I know I am prolly too young, but when will it begin to work?

Primary Magic: 22 80% learning
Harness Ability: 24 28% learning
Power Perceive: 18 75% very muddled
Magical Devices: 20 61% pondering

Strength : 14 Reflex : 11
Agility : 11 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 11 Wisdom : 14
Intelligence : 12 Stamina : 13

~The only good Swamp Troll is one that makes you breakfast in the morning. Other than that, it's a dead Swamp Troll~

~ Kaeson Avient'iel - bemused, confused, abused - Ranger at large ~
Re: Shield of LIght 09/27/2003 10:33 PM CDT
It's a held mana spell, and I think you need at least 10 harnessed at all times.

I wouldn't bother with it until you learn Osrel Meraud anyway. The nerve damage makes it unfeasible to block things for the duration of a hunt if you're actually holding the mana.

-Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
"Remember, DR is all about fantasy. Many people invest themselves in their heroic fantasy; they're absolutely aghast when people don't leap to help them. After all, they're the hero." - Larcus' Player
Re: Shield of LIght 09/27/2003 10:40 PM CDT
Too late! Already got it ~sigh~

Lesson learned... I'll try again after 20th circle

~The only good Swamp Troll is one that makes you breakfast in the morning. Other than that, it's a dead Swamp Troll~

Re: Shield of LIght 09/27/2003 11:10 PM CDT
>It's a held mana spell, and I think you need at least 10 harnessed at all times.

It's 5.

- Smeg
Re: Shield of LIght 09/28/2003 02:03 AM CDT
You might have to wait for full prep.

Holding mana is pretty tough until you have about 100 in harness. Expect a lot of nerve damage if you use the spell.

GV
Re: Shield of LIght 09/28/2003 03:29 PM CDT
Heh - I managed to cast it 3 times out of about 30 tries... I was told to harness first, then prepare, then cast. This is incorrect... preapre it until it is ready, then harness, then cast seems to work for me... sometimes.

Cast

> Your spell backfires by a moderate amoount.
> You feel a sharp tingliling sensation trhought your entire body. Your spleen explodes.
> You are stunned!