Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 06:35 PM CDT
New (3rd circle) cleric here, now have the PFE, Bless, and DR spell. Althugh I have used the spell on gobs I am not sure it is very effective - I realize it is more intended towards battling undead (and I am only able to put about 4 mana into it) but does this spell ever actually do any damage against anything other than undead?

~The only good Swamp Troll is one that makes you breakfast in the morning. Other than that, it's a dead Swamp Troll~

~ Kaeson Avient'iel - bemused, confused, abused - Ranger at large ~
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 06:45 PM CDT
It basically only unbalances non cursed/evil/undead critters. Try it on skeletons under Dirge where are about goblin level and it will unbalance and hurt them. But it can be cast over and over again to knock an opponent to the ground. Which is an aspect of the spell that will likely change in time.

http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 06:49 PM CDT
OK, that sounds better... right now it just makes gobs sparkley! ::LOL::

Skeltons are gob level, eh? Hmmmm..... Do they drop gems?

~The only good Swamp Troll is one that makes you breakfast in the morning. Other than that, it's a dead Swamp Troll~

Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 11:03 PM CDT
They do drop occasional gems, mostly coins and boxes. The boxes are slightly better than gobs, about the same difficulty to open. When you cap out on skeletons try the ghouls under the crossing cemetary. The ghouls are between goblin and wood troll difficulties.

-Heroiklim Zortal
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 11:10 PM CDT
Do I need a torch under Dirge? It's been so long since I was there (as another character) I cannot remember...

Thanks for the info.

Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 11:23 PM CDT
No torch is needed under Dirge.

Actually, you have DR so no torch is needed under the cemetary either. :p

-Heroiklim
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/25/2003 11:28 PM CDT
Yeah, but all I need is to have the DR run out in the middle of combat. Bleah.

Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/26/2003 04:55 AM CDT
DR is VERY useful in unbalancing critters. As a Dwarf thats penalized in agility, i find it quite useful when fighting a particularly agile critter such as vipers.

oh, and if yer goin against skeletons, bring along a blunt weapon.

Kadosh

~Weak of arm, lousy roars;
terrible aim, awful health;
broken fingers, no real stealth;
leave em dead, cause you cant do more; lost your coins, on the floor;
greetings! now you're out the door~
>
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/26/2003 09:23 AM CDT
>oh, and if yer goin against skeletons, bring along a blunt weapon.

Heeheehee - I've been training in light blunt (cudgel)!

Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/26/2003 10:28 AM CDT
>Yeah, but all I need is to have the DR run out in the middle of combat. Bleah.

This is a very low prep spell and easy to cast. DR running out should be the least of your worries.

A dark day for clerics
Re: Question on Divine Radiance spell 09/26/2003 10:32 AM CDT
Now I'm worried - :0p

I just came to Crossing after being born and raised in Riverhaven. I could take the gobs at Haven but cannot outside the Western gate. I think it'll still be some time before I try skeletons...