Vigil bug... 09/11/2003 12:20 PM CDT
Okies I died while ghosting and came back, got fixed up, and got vigiled. I logged out and back in a couple times to reset my inventory (ok so I'm vain), and when I got back, the Vigil started working backwards.

This is what I saw:

A faint tugging sensation emanates from your spiritual link with Kreest.
Your spirit feels weaker.

This is what my friend saw:

Dulcinia appears downtrodden.

And sure enough, I was getting a soul hit. Clerics are evil--evil, I say!

~Dulcinia

"If a 100th circle ranger with 200+ ranks of foraging wearing nothing but a birthday suit at high noon, with no clouds can find some hulnik grass... That information doesn't really help me as much."

-M
Re: Vigil bug... 09/11/2003 12:52 PM CDT
Vigil doesn't restore spirit.

It averages it between caster and castee.

GV
Re: Vigil bug... 09/11/2003 04:46 PM CDT
Dulci how was kreest' spirit? Vigil is an equalizer spell. It sorta averages out your spirit, and since there is natural return on spirit, it seems like it "restores" spirit to someone recieving vigil cause of the way it equalizes. So if her spirit was low and/or she had vigil active on someone else to return spirit, but vigil was still on you cause of the wierd timer vigil has, its posibble you three were linked. Causing you to lose spirit cause you had more than Kreest.

That is my theory =).

Clynlyn

http://www.houseofownzing.com

!Coming Soon

Check out Genie2 A Great New FE
http://www.clanshroud.org/genie
Re: Vigil bug... 09/11/2003 05:10 PM CDT
The theory is correct, Clynlyn. From Dulcinia's description, and knowing Kreest like I do, Kreest had probably rejuved and Vigilled at least two corpses right before Dulcinia logged back in. And his spirit was running a bit low, so Dulcinia- who by now had a stronger spirit than Kreest's- ended up losing some of her spirit health.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Vigil bug... 09/12/2003 08:13 AM CDT
Y'all are so smart. Thanks for setting me straight. That freaked me out at the time, but now I get it.

~Dulcinia

You reach up to rub some crushed strawberry on Servium's nose.
That was the last of your crushed strawberry.
Re: Vigil bug... 09/12/2003 09:13 AM CDT
It can be scary if you don't know what's going on- No worries!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy