Banner of Truce 12/06/2002 08:33 AM CST
Pursuant to D-Man's request:

<<I'm going to throw in one other potential idea. Why not make it so a Paladin casting BOT uses the combined Magical abilities of his/ her group in order to get past the group MR of the opponants? Would this sort of thing make sense?

--Just a Squire>>

I love this idea.

Madigan

This was in response to my concern that we simply can't cast a successful BoT with a large group in the room (citizen, creature or a combination thereof).
Re: Banner of Truce 12/06/2002 09:59 AM CST
I agree if a pallie is leading the group the benefits from it should allow them to use the group's skills bring down a sucessful banner.
Re: Banner of Truce 12/07/2002 02:07 PM CST
<<I agree if a pallie is leading the group the benefits from it should allow them to use the group's skills bring down a sucessful banner. >>

Thanks guys, I really think this is a worthwhile suggestion for the spell. As is the other one posted on the ability for Paladins to "refresh" the banner other had previously cast. This second ability would help to allow younger Paladins to feel useful in invasions.

-- Just a Squire
Quirk to Banner of Truce 07/29/2003 07:36 PM CDT
Wouldn't it be cool if instead of that blasted ghostly white banner floating around over head and not being able to focus on it or anything was able to be either unwoven or WORN! Yeah, worn. First I think there should be a FOCUS on the BoT to tell how long it lasts, especially since you can interweave other casts of BoT into the original. I think we should somehow be able to unravel the BoT at any given time or for a quirk, be able to GET the banner and WEAR the banner but to where it only calms the person wearing it..nifty idea I thought.

-Brisknite
Re: Quirk to Banner of Truce 07/29/2003 10:28 PM CDT
what exactly would be the point of "wearing" it?

its purpose is to calm down a room full of critters. If they can attack and I can't, um, that's NOT a good idea.

By the way, by experimenting with me and kadosh <cleric>, who has more Power perception skill, you Can sense the BOT spell matrix in the area. But having a way to tell how long its gonna last would be a good thing.

Adongonif, chasing windmills...

~stabbity,whiff,thud~
Re: Quirk to Banner of Truce 07/29/2003 11:42 PM CDT
>>what exactly would be the point of "wearing" it?

Well, a mobile banner of truce.

Would be cool if they could be cast on a standard or something, but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

I would like seeing the time left on a banner, though.
Something is up with Banner of Truce 08/24/2003 08:22 AM CDT
Either there's no maximum duration set or the cap isn't being recognized or I'm casting so much it breaks the spell's counter or something.

All I know is that I left dragonrealms at 6pm EST yesterday. Came back at 12:30am with my BoT still in the same room. I then went southward to check out the new area (W00T). I now came back to the Temple of Darkness, Grand Chamber at 9:15am. The banner is STILL THERE.

I've been using banner of truce to train magic, since a capped prep of 55 still possibly slightly backfires on me (so I prep at 20, charge camb to 32, and cast). This means I cast a LOT of near-cap casts. So either I'm pumping this sucker up to uber-ness, or something went wacky because it wasn't expected that someone would cast so many times on the same banner.

I'm hoping when you relook the spell (to add something to view duration, right, right?! Heh.) you also check out whatever's going on. I'd tell you myself if the duration is wacky, but we can't view it yet.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Something is up with Banner of Truce 08/24/2003 10:33 AM CDT
Was there a game crash between when you logged out and back in? I thought there was a longstanding bug where any BoT in force when the game crashed never got lost. About a year ago they went through and cleared out a number of remnants like the one at the end of the trail to vines/creepers from Theren.

Dunno if that's the cause or something else whacky but thought I'd bring it up just in case.

~ Nutawa
Re: Something is up with Banner of Truce 08/24/2003 10:35 AM CDT
That's not the case.

I'm breaking the timer on BoT or the timer is acting up itself.

Re: Something is up with Banner of Truce 08/28/2003 01:06 AM CDT
not sure if you made an insane one or what, but if I can make one last 45 minutes on the NTR with just two casts at 25 and WAY less magic skill...
And yes, percieving it for duration would be handy

Samsaren Remlane
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Something is up with Banner of Truce 08/28/2003 06:34 PM CDT
>>And yes, percieving it for duration would be handy

Read the Paladin magic folders. :D