Halt 09/21/2002 04:50 PM CDT
Any reason it doesn't work on cursed creatures?

I understand why dumb critters can't get scared by being intimidated.

I understand that its not that easy to scare something dead, since it just mindlessly acts anyway.

But cursed creatures aren't undead, they think, and they generally do have intellect. I'm talking about like Adan'f and Velvers here.

Halt should work on them :P
Halt is actin kinda wierd. 10/07/2002 12:59 AM CDT
I am messin around with halt in the pallies guild, and someone who is circle 9, 18 disc, 10 charisma and 12 intel was able to halt me.

I myself am 15th circle, 20 disc, 20 intel and 11 charisma, and I also have quite a bit more magic then him.

I thought halt was a will vrs will spell, which means it's based mostly on discipline, with charisma and inteligence secondary, while circle has no effect?

Is this working as intended or is something not right? Thats pretty sad when someone who is just over half my circle can halt me with less discipline, intel and charisma then me.
Re: Halt is actin kinda wierd. 10/07/2002 01:34 AM CDT
What prep? And you two arent that far apart, stat wise.
Re: Halt is actin kinda wierd. 10/07/2002 01:58 AM CDT
How much does prep matter? I think he put about 21 into it, im not positive. I can halt him with 13.

I did notice with halt that 12 mana or 30 mana, it dont seem to effect length of the halt, I believe that is the stats. maybe all of them or maybe one of em? who knows.
Re: Halt is actin kinda wierd. 10/07/2002 02:13 AM CDT
>>How much does prep matter?

A lot, if you want to determine sucess and duration.

>>I did notice with halt that 12 mana or 30 mana, it dont seem to effect length of the halt, I believe that is the stats. maybe all of them or maybe one of em? who knows

might just have halt capped for your ability.
Halt 12/14/2002 07:56 PM CST
Byw gestures at Tafkapp.
Byw and Tafkapp stare at each other intently for a few moments. Tafkapp turns away but Byw is rooted to the spot!

When did the ability to turn halt come back? Hope it got back some of it's duration as well.

Litharius

This is not a complaint, I missed that aspect of it.
Re: Halt 12/15/2002 09:06 AM CST
Hrm- Interesting indeed. A paladin and I did a couple of tests with Halt last night. He was never able to halt me, but it didn't backfire on him either. This was with a high prep and about 50 extra harness from another interested party.

Ryeka
Re: Halt 12/15/2002 11:46 AM CST
>>This was with a high prep and about 50 extra harness from another interested party.

Halt caps at 70, you didn't need to use that much mana. ;)
Halt 01/03/2004 04:56 AM CST
(Starting a fight) Why does Halt work on Clerics? It seems OOC. Paladins are the soldiers of the Gods, Clerics the intercessors between the Gods and the seven races (that's right, kids, the other four don't count). A Paladin throwing Holy mana at a Cleric, pointing to the ground and commanding, "Stay!" defies logic and believability.

Can someone who spends a lot of time on the right lobe of hir [not a typo] brain resolve this bug?

Thank you kindly.

Regards,

Father Ainandil
Re: Halt 01/03/2004 09:12 PM CST
Ainandil,

How's this for a "compromise" fix for your stated bug...

When a clerics harmful, offensive spells not only don't work on Paladins, but also severely tank their devotion for even attempting it.. like a paladin casting offensive spells at clerics do now, then I'd agree that a Halt shouldn't work on you.

Until then, it appears as if the idea of us being the "Justice Entities" of the Realms sometimes is actually supported by letting us shout "Stop RIGHT there dirtball" and being able to back it up with a spell.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Halt 01/03/2004 09:26 PM CST
Heh, he was joking...I think. ;)

~S.T.

"...someone will find offense in the smallest of words and the most innocent of sentences if it suits their purpose." --- GM Jzara
Re: Halt 01/04/2004 01:24 PM CST
>>Heh, he was joking...I think. ;)

Quite possible... and that was the way I took it too.

Unfortunately, tone is hard to express in text.. and my joking response obviously didn't come across as intended.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Halt 01/13/2004 11:18 PM CST
Halt works on other paladins. Why shouldn't it work on clerics?

Cavalier Calemnon
Halt messaging oddness 10/15/2004 08:45 PM CDT
What's wrong with this picture?

A tasia corsair falls over dead.
A tasia corsair is able to move again.

I understand what happened but it's amusing at the very least.

Passionata