Holidays & Holy Mana 08/16/2015 08:45 AM CDT
I know that the holidays are supposed to impact the ebb and flow of Holy mana, but is there a list of which holidays impact the system, and if they are all equal?

The Elanthipedia list is here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Holidays

Some holidays, like Vereklaath/Founding Day, are secular so I would guess they don't have an impact. But I haven't seen confirmation.
Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/16/2015 09:12 AM CDT
And adding another question, now that I sat down and mapped out the holy weeks of the Immortals.

There is not even spacing for all of the holy weeks. At the start of the year, the end of last year and the holy week of Tamsine runs up into the holy week of Kertigan, followed immediately by Divyaush. Then there are these gaps:

Between Divyaush & Hodierna: 40 days
Between Hodierna & Everlid: 40 days
Between Everlid & Truffenyi: 52 days
Between Everlid & Hav'roth: 26 days
Between Hav'roth & Eluned: 42 days
Between Eluned & Chadatru: 22 days
Between Chadatru & Glythtide: 58 days
Between Glythtide & Faenella: 34 days
Between Faenella & Tamsine: 42 days

Most are around the 40/42 range, but the two big exceptions are the 52 and 58 days between Everlid and Truffenyi, and Chadatru and Glythtide. If you were in the middle of these gaps, would the fluctuation of Holy mana be at its lowest? And when you get the convergence of three holy weeks near each other at the start of they ear, is that the highest? Or do holidays not stack like that?

Now when I put this all together to track, I noticed what may be some errors on Elanthipedia.

The Holy Week of Hav'roth is listed as 178 to 181, but that is two separate weeks. It lists the 180th day of the year as the holiest day for Hav'roth, but the description actually says the 20th day of Uthmor, which would be the 179th day. So really it may be that the holy week is 176 to 179?

Similar problem for the holy week of Chadatru, listed 250 to 253. It's supposed to include Blufandu, so I think maybe it needs to be moved up two days, to be from 248 to 251? That would increase the length between Chadatru and Glythtide even more. The holy week of Fanella has the same problem.

Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/16/2015 07:39 PM CDT
>>Thetechnocracy: The Holy Week of Hav'roth is listed as 178 to 181, but that is two separate weeks. It lists the 180th day of the year as the holiest day for Hav'roth, but the description actually says the 20th day of Uthmor, which would be the 179th day. So really it may be that the holy week is 176 to 179?

When you type TIME, it gives the number of "days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer." Using that convention, the first day of the year is numbered 0. The date, however, would be expressed as 1 Akroeg. Using that system, 20 Uthmor would fall on day 179, as you noted, and during Uthmor, the week of Havrandu would fall on days 176-179.

I think, however, that GMs are not always consistent about using the day 0 convention. If you number the first day of the year as 1 instead of 0, then 20 Uthmor is the 180th day of the year. Havrandu falls on days 17-20 of the month, which would be days 177-180.

I have created a chart on Elanthipedia of all 400 days of the year if that will help: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthian_calendar_charts

>>Thetechnocracy: Similar problem for the holy week of Chadatru, listed 250 to 253. It's supposed to include Blufandu, so I think maybe it needs to be moved up two days, to be from 248 to 251? That would increase the length between Chadatru and Glythtide even more. The holy week of Fanella has the same problem.

That one is a little more confusing. If you are getting this information from the Chadatru holiday article, I think the two paragraphs may refer to separate events, because Chandu does not fall anywhere near the stated date of 10 Moliko. (Chandu falls on days 25-28 of the month.)

>>Chadatru holiday: The holy week of Chadatru lasts for four days. On Blufandu, on the 10th day of the month of Moliko, the holiest day of Chadatru is celebrated.

So you have Chadatru's holy day, which occurs on 10 Moliko (the 250th day of the year, traditionally numbered 249). This is the first day of Blufandu and the first day of fall. This is sometimes referred to as the beginning of Chadatru's holy week, despite the fact that 10 Moliko occurs during Evandu. (Chandru does not begin until eight days after Blufandu ends.)

Then you have Chadatru's regular week, Chandu, which occurs on days 25-28 of every month.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/16/2015 09:38 PM CDT
>>When you type TIME, it gives the number of "days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer." Using that convention, the first day of the year is numbered 0. The date, however, would be expressed as 1 Akroeg. Using that system, 20 Uthmor would fall on day 179, as you noted, and during Uthmor, the week of Havrandu would fall on days 176-179.

>>I think, however, that GMs are not always consistent about using the day 0 convention. If you number the first day of the year as 1 instead of 0, then 20 Uthmor is the 180th day of the year. Havrandu falls on days 17-20 of the month, which would be days 177-180.

I have Havrandu falling on days 176 to 179 if you have a day 0, and so would be 177 to 180 if you use 1 instead of 0. So having the Holy Week of Hav'roth on Havrandu would work out, and have the holiest day at the end of the holy week.

>>That one is a little more confusing. If you are getting this information from the Chadatru holiday article, I think the two paragraphs may refer to separate events, because Chandu does not fall anywhere near the stated date of 10 Moliko. (Chandu falls on days 25-28 of the month.)

>>>>Chadatru holiday: The holy week of Chadatru lasts for four days. On Blufandu, on the 10th day of the month of Moliko, the holiest day of Chadatru is celebrated.

>>So you have Chadatru's holy day, which occurs on 10 Moliko (the 250th day of the year, traditionally numbered 249). This is the first day of Blufandu and the first day of fall. This is sometimes referred to as the beginning of Chadatru's holy week, despite the fact that 10 Moliko occurs during Evandu. (Chandru does not begin until eight days after Blufandu ends.)

I don't think the Holy Week of a deity has to occur on the week of the month that would normally be named after them. The Holy Week of Divyaush is during Hodandu, at least from my reading of the Elanthipedia, as it overlaps with the end of Shosandu.
Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/17/2015 12:21 AM CDT
>>Thetechnocracy: I don't think the Holy Week of a deity has to occur on the week of the month that would normally be named after them. The Holy Week of Divyaush is during Hodandu, at least from my reading of the Elanthipedia, as it overlaps with the end of Shosandu.

Yes, that does not always appear to be the case, although when the two do overlap, I assume that the dates are supposed to coincide perfectly (and not straddle two different andaen, for example).

I doubled checked all of the in-game RECALL HOLIDAY data and primary sources, and here is my best attempt to reconcile the known holiday dates (the ones that reliably occur at the same time every year, as opposed to events like Chris's Mass, whose in-game dates vary):

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthian_calendar_charts#The_400_Days_of_the_Year

Unfortunately, even the canon sources are not entirely consistent in how they number days of the year. Often they number the days 1-400, but sometimes they seem to be using the 0 day convention (numbering the days 0-399, as shown in the TIME output). In a few other cases, the dates given fall in the middle of the holy week. When both a date (e.g., 10 Moliko) and a numbered day (e.g., the 250th day) were given, if there was a conflict, I used the date (e.g., 10 Moliko). My reconstruction assumes that single-week holidays are not intended to straddle two different andaen, especially for holy weeks where one of the two andaen is named for the Immortal in question.

The current holiday page is rather cluttered, and it does not consistently use a single numbering convention. Eventually, I will be redoing the holiday page once I decide on a format and numbering convention. (I am thinking of making a table with both the 0-399 and 1-400 numbering conventions.)

GMs, if you have any input/corrections on dates, please let me know.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/17/2015 04:15 AM CDT
>>Yes, that does not always appear to be the case, although when the two do overlap, I assume that the dates are supposed to coincide perfectly (and not straddle two different andaen, for example).

That seems logical.

So what impact does this have on Holy Mana? If I'm at day 399/400, does it only look at the fact that there is a Holiday (Tamsine holiday), or does it also "know" that two other holy weeks are coming up immediately after, and is therefor higher?

Similarly, for some of the gaps that vary (20 or so days versus 40 or say days) would you each a lower bottom of Holy mana in the midpoint of the 40 day spread?
Re: Holidays & Holy Mana 08/17/2015 02:17 PM CDT
The fluctuation of mana is super minor (like, plus or minus one power level) and mostly a neat cosmetic thing. You should be able to observe the fluctuation yourself since room mana is otherwise static relative to your given devotion.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.