Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Paladin Protection 06/18/2005 07:11 AM CDT
Regardless, Ssra hath spoken. Get out your dead horse sticks.
Re: Paladin Protection 06/18/2005 07:54 AM CDT
<<BAckstab is the entire thief thing almost, protect is a small paladin part, like poison making was for thieves and now its paladin as well>>

I am certainly not saying that Backstab should acually go out however you are taking one part of your guild and calling it "the entire thief thing" ignoring K's, contacts, lockpick creation, oh and did I say K's which in my opinion is what is really "the entire thief thing"

When Ssra started assisting on the Paladin guild he made it a major point to push Paladin not in defeined specific roles like more spells or more better attacks, he said he wanted Paladins to be masters of defense and to be much more of a defensive powerhouse then they were at the time. Protects fall into the catagory of general defense and defense is really what the entire Paladin thing is. Guard is still out there which lets you intercept melee attacks, and while drag is still buggy you are still drg novices out of a room in which they are being overwhelmed. The general population still have some pretty good defensive opitions.

<<its silly i as a RPing savage have to stand and watch my friends being killed when a paladin can get permission to kill anyone who messes with theyre friends>>

Basicly the way I read this is that what you really want protect for is not general usage aginst critters but to give you consent to have a novice pick on someone while you are secreatly protecting them and then what that person goes to retaliate on that novice you protect that attack and get consent to PvP them.
Re: Paladin Protection 06/18/2005 09:19 AM CDT
>its silly i as a RPing savage have to stand and watch my friends being killed when a paladin can get permission to kill anyone who messes with theyre friends

Completely untrue.

It was specifically stated during the release that protect does not insert the Paladin into the conflict. Any hits that get through do not count as first strike, and are not considered consent (for those that rely on GMs to save thier skins).

I'll admit some of us will attempt to turn it into a battle royale, but too many report to make that quoted statement accurate.
Re: Paladin Protection 06/18/2005 10:50 PM CDT
no thats not what i want but i cant simply kill them to protect my friends, id get LO, so theyre should be some way to rp a savage, its pretty stupid i have to stand there and let a guy shoot at my brother while i guard em and im rping a savage, simply cause i dont have protect

Don't fear the dark, fear what hides in it.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page