Survivalist feat requirement 06/19/2020 07:20 PM CDT
Does anyone know what the requirement for the Survivalist magical feat is? The wiki lists it as just Symbiotic Research but there seems to be a missing skill requirement too, since I already know that feat and Ozursus doesn't list Survivalist as something I'm eligible for and won't let me learn it. He lists the other symbiosis feats Physical Matrices, Mental Matrices and Scholar as expected and lets me learn them.

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Augmentation Mastery, Targeted Mastery, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, Improved Memory, Magic Theorist, Dedicated Cambrinth Use, Area Casting and Symbiotic Research.

> ask oz for feat

Ozursus looks you over and says, "Well now, you are eligible to learn the feats of Sorcerous Patterns, Legerdemain, Basic Preparation Recognition, Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Faster Matrices, Faster Rituals, Alternate Preparation, Focused Preparation, Debilitation Mastery, Utility Mastery, Warding Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Cautious Casting, Injured Casting, Cautious Harnessing, Physical Matrices, Mental Matrices and Scholar.

After a moment Ozursus continues, "Please ask me about learning one so we can begin."
[Each feat costs 1 spell slot to learn. Forgetting a feat will restore the slot.]

> ask oz about survivalist
Ozursus concentrates a moment and then says, "Oh yes, I know of that. Allows research of symbioses improve wilderness survival"
> ask oz about learn survivalist
Ozursus scowls and says, "Hah, you will need more skill if you want to learn that."
> ask oz for learn survivalist
Ozursus scowls and says, "Hah, you will need more skill if you want to learn that."
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/22/2020 08:41 AM CDT

You need to learn Mental Matrices for survivalist.

Rezzian
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/22/2020 01:16 PM CDT
<<You need to learn Mental Matrices for survivalist.

It doesn't look like that's it.

> ask orl about learn mental matrices
Orliss beams proudly at you and says, "What a fantastic choice!" You are led off to the side where Orliss explains the specific nuances required to safely utilize this new skill. You find yourself feeling invigorated when finished, your confidence bolstered by his words.

> ask orl about feat

Orliss beams happily at you and says, "You are eligible to learn the feats of Sorcerous Patterns, Legerdemain, Basic Preparation Recognition, Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Faster Matrices, Faster Rituals, Alternate Preparation, Focused Preparation, Debilitation Mastery, Utility Mastery, Warding Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Cautious Casting, Injured Casting, Cautious Harnessing, Physical Matrices and Scholar.

After learning Mental Matrices it still doesn't show up in the list of eligible feats. I also tried it with Physical Matrices and Scholar individually. No go for any of them, unless it needs more than one of them. That doesn't make sense, however, since Survivalist is the equivalent feat to Scholar. I'm still thinking it's a skill requirement for some survival skill, or maybe a combination of survival skills.
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/23/2020 01:24 AM CDT

Feats I know:

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Sorcerous Patterns, Augmentation Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, Improved Memory, Magic Theorist, Area Casting, Symbiotic Research, Mental Matrices and Survivalist.

Rezzian
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/23/2020 01:45 AM CDT
The only other feat I don't have that you do is Sorcerous Patterns, and I really doubt that is a pre-req for it. It doesn't seem to be a feat as the second requirement.

It's probably something like at least 150 or 200 ranks in each of the skills for which it provides buffs. I.e. Perception, Athletic, First Aid and Skinning. I definitely have well over 200 in all the skills tied to the Scholar feat, but have a bit less than 150 in First Aid and a bit less than 200 in Athletics so those are my top suspects for what the requirement is.

I'll update here when I get access to the feat and post if there was an obvious tipping point from one of those skills.
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/24/2020 06:41 PM CDT
>>GABRIEL4: Does anyone know what the requirement for the Survivalist magical feat is? The wiki lists it as just Symbiotic Research but there seems to be a missing skill requirement too, since I already know that feat and Ozursus doesn't list Survivalist as something I'm eligible for and won't let me learn it.

The Survivalist feat requires 300 ranks in Augmentation and 200 ranks in Outdoorsmanship. You must also have learned the Symbiotic Research feat.

GM Cordulia
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/24/2020 07:14 PM CDT
Thanks! It's just a bit more for the outdoorsmanship for me then.
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/24/2020 07:17 PM CDT
In the interest of documentation do the feats of Mental Matrices, Physical Matrices and Scholar have any skill requirements beyond knowledge of Symbiotic Research?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/24/2020 10:32 PM CDT
>>FLINT-TIPPED: In the interest of documentation do the feats of Mental Matrices, Physical Matrices and Scholar have any skill requirements beyond knowledge of Symbiotic Research?

Below are the skill requirements of all of the current magical feats. (Symbiotic Research, Physical Matrices, and Mental Matrices do not have second skill requirements.)

Feat Skill #1 Ranks Skill #2 Ranks
Sorcerous Patterns Sorcery 100 Arcana 100
Legerdemain Stealth 50 Arcana 50
Silent Preparation Stealth 100 Arcana 100
Basic Preparation Recognition Perception 50 Arcana 50
Advanced Spell Knowledge Perception 100 Arcana 100
Faster Targeting Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Faster Battle Preparations Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Faster Matrices Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Faster Rituals Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Alternate Preparation Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Focused Preparation Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Augmentation Mastery Augmentation 100 Arcana 100
Debilitation Mastery Debilitation 100 Arcana 100
Targeted Mastery Targeted Magic 100 Arcana 100
Utility Mastery Utility 100 Arcana 100
Warding Mastery Warding 100 Arcana 100
Improvised Rituals Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Cautious Casting Primary Magic 50 Arcana 50
Injured Casting Primary Magic 100 Arcana 100
Deep Attunement Attunement 100 Arcana 100
Raw Channeling Attunement 100 Arcana 100
Efficient Channeling Attunement 100 Arcana 100
Efficient Harnessing Attunement 100 Arcana 100
Cautious Harnessing Attunement 100 Arcana 100
Improved Memory Scholarship 100 Arcana 100
Magic Theorist Scholarship 100 Arcana 50
Dedicated Cambrinth Use Arcana 100 Primary Magic 100
Area Casting Primary Magic 200 Augmentation 200
Symbiotic Research Arcana 200
Physical Matrices Augmentation 300
Mental Matrices Augmentation 300
Survivalist Augmentation 300 Outdoorsmanship 200
Scholar Augmentation 300 Scholarship 200

GM Cordulia
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/25/2020 01:57 AM CDT
Thanks! And in a fancy table to boot!

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/25/2020 07:21 AM CDT

Ditto, Thanks! I was wondering about the Silent Preparation!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Survivalist feat requirement 06/25/2020 07:25 AM CDT
Wow, 3rd thank you for doing that table.