SPELL BRIEFMSG 10/14/2017 02:01 AM CDT
I'm curious, how common is the use of the SPELL BRIEFMSG option? Here's a list of what is currently affected by it:

- Elemental Charge gains (suppressed)
- Hypnotize commands (shortened)
- Whole Displacement room movement (suppressed)
- Murrula's Flames atmospherics (suppressed)
- Centering and MPP weapon swap (suppressed)
- Abandoned Heart lyrics (shortened)
- Oath of the Firstborn gesture (shortened)

Are there other existing spells that could benefit from optional shorter messaging? Should we keep supporting this option in new spells where possible?

GM Grejuva
Re: SPELL BRIEFMSG 10/14/2017 07:51 AM CDT
> I'm curious, how common is the use of the SPELL BRIEFMSG option?

The ones in bold are ones that I think really need it. The rest are meh, if you have time, there may be a case.

- Regeneration pulse messaging could be surpressed. It feels powerful to see all the areas healed, but it's not really something I pay a lot of attention to at high casts.
- Harmony. Atmospheric messages.
- Carress of the Sun. Remove atmo messages, especially when LOTS of people are in the room. It triggers once for each person hit.
- Rage of Clans. See above.
- Whispers of the Muse. Atmo messaging.
- Resurrection. Hide the messaging of looking for the soul to the room. Keep it for the cleric and the dead guys.

> Are there other existing spells that could benefit from optional shorter messaging? Should we keep supporting this option in new spells where possible?

My vote is to keep it. It's a nice feature to reduce scroll, but only if it means we'll still get new spells. If a GM ever goes, ugh. I would work on a new spell, but I don't want to bother with the brief messaging, then drop it.
Re: SPELL BRIEFMSG 10/14/2017 08:22 PM CDT
For what it's worth, I am grateful it exists for Abandoned Heart in particular. It's a neat song but the lyrics are very scrolly.

In general I would LOVE to have shorter enchante messages, or a way to silence them, purely because the scroll can be unbearable at times.

- Navesi
Re: SPELL BRIEFMSG 10/15/2017 07:31 AM CDT
I had no idea this command existed, but I'm all for it. We need more ways to reduce scroll (and more uses of the atmo window so I can just hide that behind the important stuff).

I squelch all the personal pulse messages for cyclic spells (CS and BES for Rangers) along with the "your attainment is back to full!" that pops up every 5 seconds. I have a spell list window and a mana bar that are far more convenient if I need that information.

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)