Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 05:24 PM CST

I'm not sure if this is the right folder for it. But cambrinth is misbehaving for me. Or maybe it's working as intended. I don't know.

Occasionally I'll get really terrible mana regeneration (same room, same everything). I can't really quantify it to say more than 'terrible'. It also seems to make some spells backfire that I can normally (albeit a training cast) pop off with and tanks targeting to the point of taking a normally two-shot creature and making it consistently miss for several casts in a row (top count was somewhere around 20).

The cambrinth though, on a 30 charge has a fluctuating RT. Anywhere from 5 seconds to 8 seconds. Generic twisted armband. The longer RT's seem to coincide with the mana regen problems but the targeted problems are sporadic.

I do train sorcery and I'm going to forgo it for a day to see if the problems are just a weird backlash effect. If it isn't, is this working as intended?
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 05:28 PM CST
Type EXP MODS the next time you notice the issue. If you're practicing sorcery you're probably suffering under a large penalty to the relevant magical skills.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 10:16 PM CST

After a little bit more experimentation, I think I was having a script problem...at least as far as the cambrinth RT is concerned. Overcharging a camb only resulted in a RT that reflected the amount of mana that stayed in, as opposed to my attempt.

IE- charge armb 30 (without knowing the armband was storing 30 already) would result in a 3 second RT because it was only taking an additional 2 mana.

Is there a way to check your sorcery debuffs?
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 10:30 PM CST
>>Tommar: Is there a way to check your sorcery debuffs?

INFO shows stat buffs and debuffs. EXPERIENCE MODS shows skill buffs and debuffs.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 11:13 PM CST

I never see a debuff in stats. The exception to that is a death. When I respawn I get the total debuff. Maybe it pops up during pvp but most times I'm too busy losing to notice.

What is the deal with EXP mods? Maybe I'm not understanding that stuff. I had an EXP mod for shield so I made sure I locked shield in the hope that I'd learn that tertiary skill a bit faster (like an impromptu rpa)

EXP to me has always been a background thing. You get it, you don't get it but it's all on you. How does an EXP modification effect your actual skill? How does it become mechanical?

Maybe I'm stuck on the verbage.
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 11:20 PM CST

Nevermind, I figured it out.
Re: Cambrinth weirdness 12/07/2015 11:20 PM CST
EXP MODS shows buffs or debuffs to your skills i.e. effective ranks. It does not have any effect on learning rate.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com