Legacy spell preps 05/17/2015 06:29 AM CDT
Hey all. So I've recently returned back to DR and I can't seem to use my old spell preps (Feast of Eluned, 2006).
I know the illusionary prep feat was combined with alternate preps feat, so I'm wondering if this is a bug or so?
I do have the alternate spell prep feat learned. Please help?

With the changed nature of the mana streams, you find it simply impossible to invoke that kind of dramatic mnemonic.
[Type PREPARE /DEFAULT to switch back to your default preparation, or PREPARE /HELP for more options.]

Default spell prepare is OFF.
Your current choice is: "As you begin to focus on preparing the Summon Death Monkey spell your vision clouds as waves of heat emanate from all around you. Suddenly a large column of flames engulfs you completely!"
You can also use: "Preparing to channel your magic outward, an eerie stillness hangs in the air just about you. Suddenly rushing forward with your incantations, a powerful wind begins whipping around you and forms dust motes into ethereal shapes while you prepare the Summon Death Monkey spell."
You can also use: "You clap your hands together on a mote of energy, causing a shower of sparks to fly forth. Slowly pulling your hands back apart, a glowing ball of crackling energy begins growing between them, ready to pour power into the form of the Summon Death Monkey spell."
You are NOT currently attempting to hide your spell preparing.
Re: Legacy spell preps 05/17/2015 05:22 PM CDT
Some of the more outlandish ones were just outright disabled regardless of which techniques are known.

I'm pretty sure that's one of them. :(

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Legacy spell preps 05/19/2015 10:15 AM CDT
That's correct. I broadly dislike flashy / overtly magical preps for three reasons.

1) I'm a mean person.
2) It message before checking if magic is actually going to happen.
3) It was silly in context. You wave your arms as pillars descend from the heavens and a roar of the thunderclap momentarily deafens you to cast Shadows.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Calvino Italo