A blast from the past 04/19/2015 02:05 AM CDT
I just tripped across this and had to share:

DATELINE: Jan. 1 1997 MAGIC SYSTEM UPDATE

Barbarians now have, as a built-in ability, increased resistance to targetted spells. This comes in the form of increased avoidance ability and decreased damage. You don't have to do anything to use this new resistance, but as with Berserking, using magic will temporarily reduce or remove the ability.

Warrior Mages: You must now wait a short period between casting spells of the same element. The time depends on your Power Perception skill. The Multiple Ethereal Shields spell is now available to protect your friends, rather than attempting to cast the standard ES spell several times.

Moon Mages: You too have a short delay applied to spellcasting within the same spellbook. As above, Power Perception reduces the delay. Clear Vision has been upgraded a bit so that it lasts long enough to cast Locate afterwards."

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: A blast from the past 04/19/2015 11:56 AM CDT
Oh man I forgot spell book sensitivity applied to moon mages, too.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: A blast from the past 04/19/2015 10:59 PM CDT
I actually saw some notes recently on an old planned spell about how they'd had to change the design because evasion penalty would have ruined it otherwise.

... I'd managed to block that out of my memory until then.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose