Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 01:56 PM CDT
In the interest of accuracy on elanthipedia, could I get a couple of lists of spells, please?

1. A list of all spells obtained by quests. (Aside: Is it safe to assume these may also be categorized as signature?)
2. A second list of all spells that are only available on scrolls.

The following are the spells we currently have for each, so if they're already accurate then I don't need the respective list:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Quest_Spells
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Scroll_Only_Spells
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 02:20 PM CDT
I can't pull quest only easily, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Scroll only:
Flame Shockwave
Bitter Feast
Hand of Tenemlor
Ring of Blessings
Glythtide's Gift
Spite of Dergati (No, I don't know why Clerics have so many)
Sever Thread
Tangled Fate
Tezirah's Veil
Sovereign Destiny
Adaptive Curing
Universal Solvent

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 02:27 PM CDT
Thanks again! I'm going to assume AP spells are also scroll only and you just didn't include them in your list. Those spells probably have a red-headed step-child complex. ;)
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 02:29 PM CDT
Eh. They aren't technically scroll only, there's just no Guildleader to teach them to you. This is not a distinction that should matter to you (But is why I skipped them).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 04:46 PM CDT
>(No I don't know why Cleric's have so many)

It's for game balance due to how OP we are, Raesh.
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 08:37 PM CDT
*Ring of Blessings*

Why does ring of blessings even exist any more in light of the new feats? It seems like a double costing.
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 10:06 PM CDT
I think I should update the wiki page with this it gets asked so often.

Rings of Blessings turns the 7 single target spells into group/engaged spells.

The Area Casting feat grants beneficial group spells the option to be area spells with CAST AREA.

It is not a double cost because the individual spells if group cast would have a higher slot cost total than just the RoB slot cost. I.e. Ring of Blessings is a spell cost discount if a cleric wants the aoe effect, and allows the cleric who doesn't want either area or group casting a spell slot cost as well. Its a win win.
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/10/2014 10:09 PM CDT
A lower spell slot cost as well*
Re: Quest spells and Scroll only spells 07/11/2014 02:23 AM CDT
Ring of blessings might not fit that well in the future. We'll see.

We're looking to update many of the buff spells which can't be cast on others by default to be able to be cast on others. Will that let you do it through an AoE cast? Uh... maybe. That was discussed as a design goal at some point (Which is part of where the team player and so forth feats came from) but it was never actually done.

-Raesh