Memorizing AP spells 06/26/2014 07:00 PM CDT
What is the skill check for memorizing AP spells? Is it arcana and the relevant magic skill? Just one?

Here's the messaging:

The parchment scroll says something about the Gauge Flow spell, but you can't decipher it.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

Death to all who oppose me, etc.
--Armifer
Re: Memorizing AP spells 06/26/2014 07:28 PM CDT
Scrolls were changed from only requiring Scholarship to only requiring Arcana a few years back, so I assume that is still where they're at.
Re: Memorizing AP spells 06/26/2014 08:45 PM CDT
To read. I am not sure that's true for actually memorizing the spell and I suspect they might have something in place to prevent you from memorizing a spell that you don't have the spell to cast at all. But maybe not.

Or you may be right that arcana runs all of it.

Death to all who oppose me, etc.
--Armifer
Re: Memorizing AP spells 06/26/2014 09:47 PM CDT

You can temporarily memorize any non-signature scroll regardless of pre-reqs so I don't think there's any additional check in there for that. Permanently memorizing does check pre-reqs though.