Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 02:32 AM CDT
What does this feat do? The name makes it sound like it affects harnessing mana, but Ozursus's description makes it sound like it affects straight-casting.
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 03:47 AM CDT
>>Efficient Harnessing means it takes fewer Attunement points to make a point of held mana.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:The_Big_Post_of_Magic_Techniques_-_1/29/2011_-_22:15:42

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 03:54 AM CDT
Thank you.
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 05:01 AM CDT
I just tried this out in game, and am not seeing expected results at all.

Efficient HarnessingAttunement cost
without featwith feat
fully prepped shadows, 30 mana, straight cast26%26%
harness 30 mana21%22%

All results were from done 100% attunement. Not only did I not see any reduction in attunement costs, there was actually an increase in attunement cost when harnessing mana by knowing the feat. Is there are random fudge factor to the cost? Even if that's a yes, the feat at best isn't any more potent than that fudge.
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 05:42 AM CDT
Hmm. As far as I can tell from the code it IS working, but it's just not working very well. Before I start turning some very scary knobs I'll need to consult with the rest of the magic guys.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 12:53 PM CDT
Waitaminute... From what the feat trainer says, I thought Efficient Harnessing reduced the mana strain on ALL spellcasting, not just with harnessed/held mana.

>Ozursus concentrates a moment and then says, "Oh yes, I know of that. Via the Efficient Harnessing feat you are able to reduce the strain of spellcasting on your attunement."

If Efficient Harnessing only helps attunement with HELD mana, I think what the feat trainer says is confusing and misleading.

Does Efficient Harnessing (if it were working properly) help attunement with straight-casting also or not?

Thanks,
Aluriaz
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 01:11 PM CDT
>>Does Efficient Harnessing (if it were working properly) help attunement with straight-casting also or not?

Yup. It's just not very good at what it does. We'll hopefully have a fix out shortly (I already wrote up the fix, I just need the powers that be to look it over because it hides in some rather deep dark code).

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Efficient Harnessing 06/25/2014 01:13 PM CDT
Great! Thanks for the clarification!
Aluriaz
Re: Efficient Harnessing 03/29/2015 07:05 PM CDT
Any update on the fix?
Re: Efficient Harnessing 03/29/2015 08:23 PM CDT
I believe I fixed this when I redid Sorcery efficiency.

-Raesh