Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 12:02 AM CDT
Hello all!

It's been a bit over a month since Magic 3.1 came out, and we're planning to turn spell choosing on at the end of this weekend. Any spells you've chosen will be wiped (except Quest spells) and all feats will also be wiped (because many people chose all feats ages ago).

Just giving y'all a heads up before we do it!

Please keep responses in Abilities, Skills and Magic \ General Magic Feedback so we can keep track of things.

Thanks!

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 09:45 AM CDT

Hey there!

I just checked Ratha shop for Gauge flow scroll and it is not being sold yet. Could that be fixed prior to the preview ending and all spells getting wiped? Can't seem to train without it.

Also After speaking to a bunch of people about the preview ending, is it possible to have memorized scrolls NOT leave when the feats get wiped? People spend a great deal of money on scrolls and it seems silly that we might auto lose them because our feats we are planning to keep are going to be wiped.

Otherwise been looking forward to spell preview ending for awhile glad it is here.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 09:50 AM CDT
<<I just checked Ratha shop for Gauge flow scroll and it is not being sold yet. Could that be fixed prior to the preview ending and all spells getting wiped? Can't seem to train without it.

Don't we learn the Analogous Patterns spells from trainers in major cities?
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 09:53 AM CDT
> Don't we learn the Analogous Patterns spells from trainers in major cities?

Not last I heard. Crossing Artificer stocks a bunch of AP spells so people can easily learn them that way. Not sure if they carry GaF.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 09:58 AM CDT
<<Not last I heard. Crossing Artificer stocks a bunch of AP spells so people can easily learn them that way. Not sure if they carry GaF.

Hmm. That actually fits with what I recall them saying a couple years back.`I.e. You can learn the spells through an easily accessible NPC. Okay, so if they're scroll only spells then I will go ahead and update that on elanthipedia to reflect that status.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 10:01 AM CDT
Yeah, right now the AP spells are learned via scrolls in the Crossing artificer store. I'm not against a trainer, but that'd be a not-minor project and to be perfectly honest I think some of the other stuff on my plate will be more fun for everyone instead.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 10:02 AM CDT
>>I just checked Ratha shop for Gauge flow scroll and it is not being sold yet.

I'm not sure if all of the shops are being updated, but it is, at least, available in Crossing in the Artificer's Shop.

On the scroll stand, you see:
a fine scroll labeled EASE BURDEN for 1.5 gold Kronars
a white scroll labeled LAY WARD for 2.5 gold Kronars
a plain scroll labeled DISPEL for 5.5 gold Kronars
an off-white scroll labeled IMBUE for 2.5 gold Kronars
a crisp vellum scroll labeled STRANGE ARROW for 1.5 gold Kronars
a sturdy yellow scroll labeled MANIFEST FORCE for 3.5 gold Kronars
a grey scroll labeled BURDEN for 2.5 gold Kronars
a pale lilac scroll labeled SEAL CAMBRINTH for 3.5 gold Kronars
a heavy parchment scroll labeled GAUGE FLOW for 1 platinum Kronars
[Type SHOP [GOOD] to see some details about it.]

Melete
Nature, it seems, is the popular name
for milliards and milliards and milliards
of particles playing their infinite game
of billiards and billiards and billiards.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 11:28 AM CDT

Sweet, crossing is even better. What about currently memorized spell scrolls? Is it possible to keep your current spell feats if you want to? I can afford everything I have. But I cannot find more of the scrolls I currently have. Been trying for weeks.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 11:34 AM CDT
Keeping magic feats isn't an option. Wipe wipe wipe.

I need to talk with Socharis about whether we're keeping scrolls intact. I'm a little worried about how we'll determine which spell scroll to keep if you have two of them. Might be that we'll decide we shouldn't care and just let strange situations naturally cycle out of the system.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 12:26 PM CDT
The verdict:

Our plan is you keep your memorized scrolls, but any scroll feats that are "in use" at the time of the wipe will not be wiped from you.

As always, things may change at the 11th hour, but that's where we're standing now.

-Armifer
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 12:49 PM CDT

awesome thank you.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 01:21 PM CDT
Sounds great, thanks for the consideration for us scroll wielders.

Samsaren
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/14/2014 11:20 PM CDT
I almost hate to ask for this to happen early, but are you guys planning on shutting this down sometime Sunday afternoon? That would give me time to hustle around and get feats/spells picked up before I had to go to work Monday, so I could spend most of Sunday night tinkering with spell setups.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/15/2014 02:56 PM CDT
>> are you guys planning on shutting this down sometime Sunday afternoon?

Probably not. It's actually looking like it'll be Monday, because my weekend filled up surprisingly fast.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/15/2014 11:35 PM CDT
<<Our plan is you keep your memorized scrolls, but any scroll feats that are "in use" at the time of the wipe will not be wiped from you.

Similar to this, how will currently researched symbiosis be handled? I suspect the best way to deal with them is to just let us keep them and have them cycle out naturally over time with death. Or will they just be wiped entirely? Or perhaps even the same as scrolls where we keep the requisite feat for the one we have researched?
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/16/2014 03:08 PM CDT
>>Or perhaps even the same as scrolls where we keep the requisite feat for the one we have researched?

This seems like the most user-friendly approach to me. If you have a symbiosis memorized, you'll keep the appropriate symbiosis feats (though only the ones required to let you keep your current symbiosis).

--

Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/16/2014 04:10 PM CDT
Sounds good to me, any ETA for the big wipe?

Samsaren
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/16/2014 10:42 PM CDT
I don't think this needs a crosspost, but before the spell preview ends, could someone kick the Majik shop on Ratha? You can't order most of the scrolls, they're 20-60 times the prices in the crossings shop (even before adjusting lirum vs. kronar), it doesn't have gauge flow at all.

Details in the Ratha folder, though really that's pretty much the gist.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/17/2014 12:13 AM CDT
We've decided to delay this for a couple days after finding a few issues with some of the slot costing and some mechanics. You'll likely see the preview end in Platinum on Wednesday.

Thanks for being patient!

--

Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/17/2014 09:48 AM CDT

This does not apply to barbarian supernatural abilities correct?

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/24/2014 06:20 PM CDT
>>This does not apply to barbarian supernatural abilities correct?

Correct, being that they're not spells.

--

Re: Spell Preview Ending 06/24/2014 06:21 PM CDT
As many of you have noticed, this is now live :).

Check out NEWS 2 25 if you mess up your spell choices.

--