3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/22/2013 07:51 PM CDT
From a social perspective, I think its disconcerting that people walk into a room, pause a moment, then walk on. Power walking is still pretty much the best way to raise attunement and its disconcerting to see someone you know step in, wait a second, and leave. At least before it was generally understood that someone would step in a room, appear to be concentrating on something, and then leave was doing a power walk.

Its a fact.. power walking is boring. People script it. Even if they're watching the screen, you're barely in the spot long enough to say hello before you go move again. Please restore the messaging. Its easily squelchable for anyone who dislikes it.

Thank you.
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/22/2013 08:25 PM CDT

Please leave it as-is. Anything that doesnt affect other players, in my opinion, shouldnt message the room. Its great to see people do things that are relevant to the environment, but seeing a hundred lines of 'so and so concentrates on something blah' is just more useless scroll that any decent to high traffic area can do without.

-O
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/22/2013 08:47 PM CDT
Seeing someone "concentrating on something" was always weird to me. Then again, if they added new or the old messaging, I'd just ignore it again.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.

http://i.imgur.com/fBq8R.jpg
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/22/2013 10:50 PM CDT
>>Please leave it as-is. Anything that doesnt affect other players, in my opinion, shouldnt message the room.

Agreed.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/23/2013 05:15 AM CDT
>>Please leave it as-is. Anything that doesnt affect other players, in my opinion, shouldnt message the room.

>>Agreed.
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/23/2013 06:17 AM CDT

Okay, I'm clearly the only one disagrees. Ah well.
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/23/2013 09:39 AM CDT
>>From a social perspective, I think its disconcerting that people walk into a room, pause a moment, then walk on.

I get where you're coming from, but I think it would be even more annoying to get X arrives/ROOM MESSAGE/X leaves than X arrives/pause/X leaves.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: 3.0 change to remove messaging when you perc 05/23/2013 08:58 PM CDT
I think it's perfectly natural for people to pause in a room briefly and then move on. Some people are out for a stroll and want to enjoy the scenery, others are in a hurry to get somewhere. If I'm in a new area, I like to read the room descriptions and take a look around. That takes 3 to 5 seconds per room, if not longer. I'm glad there's no messaging to others when people are power perceiving. Seems perfectly natural to me.

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete