My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 05:23 AM CST
Reflex : 29 -
Encumbrance : None

I have just been healed, and sold my bundle.

My gear hasn't changed in quite some time. My backpack still feels heavy, but it has for quite a while, and I've never had this reduction to reflex.
I just took some items out of my backpack and stuck it in the vault. But it's still getting a penalty.

I just sent my equipment to be all repair, still getting a penalty.

If this is an encumbarance problem, would anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? If not, point me in the right direction?
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 05:35 AM CST
Ok, I just got my armor back, put them back on, and checked my stats again.
The penalty is gone now, but I'm still clueless to why or how it got there in the first place. Note that I still had the penalty while my armor was being repaired, meaning I was wearing no armor. So I don't think it was that, but who knows.
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 06:24 AM CST
Armor doesn't penalize your reflex. It sounds like you were debuffed by an affect of some sort.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 06:28 AM CST
I've never seen a penalty to reflex because of wearing armor, injury, or anything else like that. My first reaction on seeing a penalty, and I haven't died recently, is to log out and log back in, see if that clears it. It may've been a glitch, that is assuming you weren't under the affects of some spell/ability that harms your reflex. There's a couple out there I found on Elanthipedia.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 07:46 AM CST
Didn't consider a debuff, wish I could recall what may have given it to me. I'll have to pay attention more to my stats after I do specific things now. Thanks for the information.
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 11:01 AM CST
Most likely you had a buff on your reflex and you trained a stat. The buff wore off and thus you get a penalty. Its been a bug for a long while and supposedly they fixed it but I have noticed it happening again. Easy fix is to log out and back in after you train a stat.

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 11:43 AM CST
>>Tcool13: Most likely you had a buff on your reflex and you trained a stat. The buff wore off and thus you get a penalty. Its been a bug for a long while and supposedly they fixed it but I have noticed it happening again. Easy fix is to log out and back in after you train a stat.

The same has been true of circling while buffed. (I'm not sure if it still is.) I'm just in the habit of re-logging after circling or training stats now.

I wonder if you get a bonus if you train a stat while debuffed.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 11:48 AM CST
<<I wonder if you get a bonus if you train a stat while debuffed.>>

Last time I checked you do. Death sting + Stat training = lots of bonused stats + a possible mech abuse warning.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 12:53 PM CST
<<I wonder if you get a bonus if you train a stat while debuffed.

You do, (think death stat penalty + train a stat = Mega bonus)

That is one of the reasons they implemented the fix to prevent its abuse. But it appears the fix is no longer around

By the way. I wouldn't play around with that because that is an instant bug abuse warning.

I'm on a Motor-boat!!
Re: My reflex is getting a penalty 12/07/2010 12:56 PM CST
>Last time I checked you do. Death sting + Stat training = lots of bonused stats + a possible mech abuse warning.

That stopped working awhile back, unless it got reverted somehow.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.