Coin - Stone - Pound 02/18/2005 09:40 AM CST
I'm just wondering how much each weighs. According to Soim, 10 stones equal 1 pound. But before Mamas, we always had to weigh stuff based on coins. So how many coins make up a stone? I ask because I just trained my strength, and out of curiosity, went and did the old coin test. Finding how many copper kronars I could hold before going from None to Light, and basically working out the ranges of each. Turns out each step, from light to somewhat, to burdened takes between 1200 and 1250 coppers. (roughly)

Mole

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN!
After the stampede the artist Three Solid Frogs got to his feet, retrieved his brush from his nostril, pulled his easel out of a tree, and tried to think placid thoughts.
Re: Coin - Stone - Pound 02/18/2005 09:52 AM CST
Soim also put out a race chart on how much more each race could carry after training str/sta.

*BEGIN SOIM POST (I'm not liable for any mispellings from here out)

OK below is a table of each race with a 10 STR and a 10 Stamina out the caracter manager. Each race if you read into it hard enough was tested to see what the effects were to add 1 point of STR and 1 point of STA. It shows what extra weight they could pack before reaching lightly hindered again. Then the last part about worn items shows weight distribution for a item held or worn and how it distributed the weight.

ENJOY

RaceThresholdLevel Step+Str ModSta ModStr at 11Sta at 11Comp to HumansItems Worm
Gor Tog72lbs12lbs-2-1+4lbs+4lbs150%55%
Kaldar63lbs10lbs-10+2lbs+4lbs131%55%
S'kra Mur60lbs10lbs-10+3lbs+3lbs125%55%
Rakash48lbs8lbs0-2+3lbs+3lbs100%#55%
Human48lbs8lbs00+3lbs+2lbsXXXXX55%
Dwarf44lbs7lbs0-1+1lbs+2lbs91%27%
Prydaen41lbs7lbs00+2lbs+3lbs85%55%
Elf39lbs6lbs+1+1+1lbs+2lbs81%55%
Elothean36lbs6lbs+1+2+2lbs+2lbs75%55%
Halfling29lbs5lbs+2-1+1lbs+2lbs60%27%
Gnome22lbs3lbs+3+20lbs*+1lbs45%27%

NOTES:
+ There may be times when the level step will be different between steps, depending on the level of strength and or stamina. It will usually alternate between one pound more or less of the first step after light burden.
# The Rakash are above the Humans, since if they are trained the same, the Rakash will eventually be able to carry more than the Human, using their stamina bonus.
* Gnomes add 1 pound of encumberance strength for about every 2 levels of strengtth.

END SOIM POST

Blue Fire
Re: Coin - Stone - Pound 02/18/2005 09:53 AM CST
Five coins per stone.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Coin - Stone - Pound 02/18/2005 11:17 AM CST
I don't mean to knock Soim here. I am a great admirer of his. However, just so you know, that post by Soim isn't accurate if you extend it past 11. Strength gains shift depending on the step. Some points gain you more then others. If 5 coins = 1 stone, then going from 31 to 32 strength gained me 20 stones, or 2 pounds, not the 3 that are listed. Indeed one of the odd effects seems to be changing the burden levels as well. IE. at 31 strength it took 1200 coins to go from light to somewhat burdened. With 32 strength, it took 1250. I don't expect that it will continue. I plan to go from 32 to 35 strength when I next circle and then test the amount gained, as well as the level steps when I do. Later I will be doing the same thing, taking Stamina from 30 to eventually 40. The character I am doing the testing with is Human. Steps and gains are obviously going to vary based on race.

Mole

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN!
After the stampede the artist Three Solid Frogs got to his feet, retrieved his brush from his nostril, pulled his easel out of a tree, and tried to think placid thoughts.
Re: Coin - Stone - Pound 02/18/2005 01:08 PM CST
No, it's just old. There were burden changes within the past two years.

I am --- Navak
Re: Coin - Stone - Pound 02/20/2005 07:50 AM CST
http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/burdencalc.php

Seems close to accurate from my testing but im sure it may be off a bit

A snow goblin glances at you. The creature then proceeds to grunt and gesticulate at you in an intricate manner that looks to be some sort of Goblinesque insult, apparently, something regarding your mother and a gargoyle.