The age-old question 04/14/2002 11:21 PM CDT
How do stamina, discipline, and strength each effect burden. Are there any conjunctions, or is each a seperate entity? thanks
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:40 AM CDT
>How do stamina, discipline, and strength each effect burden. Are there any conjunctions, or is each a seperate entity? thanks

Strength and stamina both add to the amount you can carry. Certain races get more of a boost from strength versus stamina, and vice versa. At this time, discipline has no effect.
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 12:02 PM CDT
From what I hear, stregnth gives twice as much benifit as stamina for encumberance...or the other way around. Not sure on that.

Steel.
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 12:11 PM CDT
Strength is the major factor in encumbrance.

Stamina is a minor factor.

Each point of strength has twice the value of stamina (roughly).

~Kodiac

PS As far as I can determine anyway, and I'm human.
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:26 PM CDT
(blink) From almost every single sight on encumbrance ive seen STAMINA is more important, THEN strength.

-Constatine
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:30 PM CDT
Well you've seen wrong.. Strength is more important than stamina which is more important than discipline.

Umatos
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:35 PM CDT
http://www.arthedale.com/olvi/soimstats.html

Go down to racial encumbrance.

Last i tested it, this was dead on.

-Constatine
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:40 PM CDT
That works just dandy and fine.. but I don't see where that has any relation to training str to get burden down. Test it.. Take two commoners. same race and all that..with 1000 coins to et them to a decent burden.. make sure they have same str and stamina and disc. Now have one train str enough to drop 1 point of burden. Than take the other and train stamina to drop 1 point of burden. Try it with humans since they are even steven on stats.
Re: The age-old question 06/12/2002 09:48 PM CDT
>>That works just dandy and fine.. but I don't see where that has any relation to training str to get burden down. Test it.. Take two commoners. same race and all that..with 1000 coins to et them to a decent burden.. make sure they have same str and stamina and disc. Now have one train str enough to drop 1 point of burden. Than take the other and train stamina to drop 1 point of burden. Try it with humans since they are even steven on stats.

As Soim's racial encumbrance table shows, Humans are the only race in which strength is better than stamina in regards to dropping burden. Every other race is either the same or stamina is better.
So that test, being done with humans, will show that strength is better, but if it's done with elves for instance, it will show stamina to be better.
Re: The age-old question 06/13/2002 01:59 AM CDT
>As Soim's racial encumbrance table shows, Humans are the only race in which strength is better than stamina in regards to dropping burden. Every other race is either the same or stamina is better.

>So that test, being done with humans, will show that strength is better, but if it's done with elves for instance, it will show stamina to be better.

I love my humanity. :)

~Kodiac, proving himself right, and everyone else too...
Re: The age-old question 06/23/2002 08:53 PM CDT
need to look also at TDP costs of teh sta to raise, being an elf i have a +1 +1 to str and sta, stam gives a higher step increase in burden than strength will, there for to train down my burden i want to train stamina up....

a sk'ra with a -1 0 str stam will train strength up to lower burden, because they have teh same step increase for the added points but TDP costs makes it more effective to train strength

me