spell length with PP 04/24/2010 06:56 PM CDT
it seems like way back when I was able to see how long area effect spells would last when I reached a certain PP, but some change at some point has removed or upped the ante. I'm sitting at 384 PP and wondering when I'll be able to see how long my Tailwind/Zephyr spells will last.
Re: spell length with PP 04/25/2010 05:55 AM CDT
Hmmm Don't ever remember Tailwind or Zep giving ya a time amount with perceive,still dont get one with near 700 pp.so there ya have it:)
Re: spell length with PP 04/25/2010 10:21 PM CDT
Yeah, Tailwind, Zephyr, and I think Rising Mists(?) don't have duration displays.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: spell length with PP 04/26/2010 01:01 AM CDT
Well shoot, I could have sworn long ago I had seen glimpses of it on a 'lucky roll', perhaps with a different character.

Okay then, I suppose I'm making a request that we could see that someday.

Thanks.
Re: spell length with PP 04/30/2010 11:44 PM CDT
If you cast TW in neck deep water, you get an air bubble effect, also you get to see how long your tailwind spell will last for you.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 12:19 PM CDT
I'll never understand why they added that to tailwind but air bubble still exists as a spell.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 02:52 PM CDT
I like that air bubble is separate still only because it's a common find and I can use it when swimming under the ice in Ilithi so that I don't drown while training. Of course, most of the ones I find require way too much mana to be reserved and I lose them regularly. On a side note, does scroll type affect the amount of mana reserve needed or is it solely based on the spell?
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:00 PM CDT
Can you cast air bubble completely under water? I'm sure you can cast it indoors... if you can do both, it still beats out tail wind.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:02 PM CDT
Yes I am fairly certain that you can cast a new air bubble while completely underwater. I'll have to find another scroll in my vault and test it out when I log in later.
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:05 PM CDT
Side note. Can moon mages be given the ability to use that cantrip they have which labels their constellation scrolls to also label scroll spells? I am so tired of 15 second roundtimes to figure out what my scrolls do over and over. Can Arcana be made to reduce the roundtime?

I used to just have a NMU read scrolls for me because they always got 5 sec roundtime. They just needed enough scholarship to identify the scroll. That's gone now though.
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:24 PM CDT
>Side note. Can moon mages be given the ability to use that cantrip they have which labels their constellation scrolls to also label scroll spells? I am so tired of 15 second roundtimes to figure out what my scrolls do over and over. Can Arcana be made to reduce the roundtime?

Agreed, except labeling scrolls should not be a MM only thing. Anyone that can read a scroll should be able to label it.

>I used to just have a NMU read scrolls for me because they always got 5 sec roundtime. They just needed enough scholarship to identify the scroll. That's gone now though.

My thief has enough Arcana to read any scroll. It bothers me that he can identify them three times faster than my moon mage can.

>describe boar
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:27 PM CDT
I would be very happy if any magic user could label them. I just saw a use for an existing cantrip that I figured may be very easy to extend out to spell scrolls too.

So with enough Arcana, NMUs still get the 5 sec roundtime for identifying scrolls like previously when it relied on scholarship?
Re: spell length with PP 05/01/2010 04:28 PM CDT
>So with enough Arcana, NMUs still get the 5 sec roundtime for identifying scrolls like previously when it relied on scholarship?

Yes.

>describe boar
Re: spell length with PP 05/02/2010 01:28 AM CDT
All guilds should be able to work the RT down to 5 secs. Annoying.
Re: spell length with PP 05/02/2010 06:16 AM CDT
I believe any character that can read the scroll should be able to label it. or be able to put those wax labels on it temporalily.

its a pain figuring out who has what scroll, unless i keep them in a hand-written notebook for each character so i know who has what scrolls.

and figuring out which fine scroll has energy manacles, which one has mana disruption, etc. etc.

which one has incinerate. well, it was a try. I wish i had incinerate.

Out of curiosity, did you make everyone stop trying to kill Lyras so you could go try to kill Book?