With regards to Warrior mage buffs (SW, SUF, Y'S) 11/10/2008 07:47 AM CST
Does the amount of mana put into each cast affect how much of a bonus is given to our abilities, or do particularly large casts just increase the amount of time the buff is active for?

Thanks in advance!
Re: With regards to Warrior mage buffs (SW, SUF, Y'S) 11/10/2008 08:16 AM CST
>>Does the amount of mana put into each cast affect how much of a bonus is given to our abilities, or do particularly large casts just increase the amount of time the buff is active for?

I am not sure on SW or Y'S, but on SUF more mana increases both duration and potency. During the brief period where we could see the numerical difference in stat buffs, I was able to get variable results based on mana. If I recall, the cap on SUF was +5 each to Agility and Reflex, but my memory could be a bit off on that.

~player of Gulphphunger

(Edited to avoid the Department of Redundancy Department)
Re: With regards to Warrior mage buffs (SW, SUF, Y'S) 11/10/2008 07:05 PM CST
SW and YS both appear to give a stronger bonus based on the casting. For YS it is the initial cast that determines how much armor absorption and hindrance is reduced. Further casting just improves its duration up to a cap of about 25ish roisaen I think?

Some spells like Rising Mists and Tailwind might act similarly, but it is so hard to test I'm not sure anyone really knows :P

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: With regards to Warrior mage buffs (SW, SUF, Y'S) 01/11/2009 01:23 AM CST
>>I am not sure on SW or Y'S, but on SUF more mana increases both duration and potency. During the brief period where we could see the numerical difference in stat buffs, I was able to get variable results based on mana. If I recall, the cap on SUF was +5 each to Agility and Reflex, but my memory could be a bit off on that.

Just a couple of things to point out about Sure Footing.

1. Until July 2007 the spell was broken. While it was broken it provided exactly the same bonus every time it was cast regardless of the situation.

2. These days the bonus is variable as it was always intended to be, but the bonus is always the same as or better than than the previous static value.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out