DMRS, hiding and you 03/09/2005 01:20 PM CST
Is there anyone in an authority position dealing with Bard magic that may have looked into the issue of DMRS and AEWO not pulling people out of hiding when they fail the resistance check. As of right now if someone is hidden and DMRS or AEWO pulses and the person in the shadow fails the check, they fall on their faces or knees or hastily retreats from combat or even out of the room and yet those that fall on their faces remain hidden. Why???? And when, if it is broken, should we see results from the repair???? I was told that the magic types were the ones to ask so here I am and I'll be nagging you relentlessly for a response. :D

Mattrim, Bard Extraordinaire
Re: DMRS, hiding and you 03/09/2005 01:24 PM CST
Logic is this. Because someone fails the checks of an area type spell/enchantment, doesn't mean you saw their hiding place. Just means they are effected by it. Just like Frostbite, CL, Tremor, etc. None of them pull anyone out of hiding. Even if they fall. People can fall down, but still be hidden. The bard enchants, I would bet, are working as intended.

Goou Laughter, protector of the bovines.

P.S. Don't harm the aurochs.
Re: DMRS, hiding and you 03/09/2005 01:32 PM CST
Can you then explain the logic as to why a stow (which constitutes extreme moving) pulls you out of hiding while being knocked to the ground (even more extreme moving) doesn't even if I have high enough perception and the person hiding has poor hiding? I think it definitely should knock a person out of hiding if they (the person hiding) is effected by a spell to the point that they are knocked to the ground... It should be obvious when a person hiding falls ont he ground cowering in fear.

Mattrim
Re: DMRS, hiding and you 03/09/2005 01:42 PM CST
A sufficiently large frostbite has a chance (contested) to pull someone out of hiding if the frostbite causes them to fall down. This is a very impractical use for the spell, but it is there. Tremor also has a similar chance.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: DMRS, hiding and you 03/09/2005 01:50 PM CST
And that's great, but DRMS, if a person fails, WILL drop them to either thier knees or flat on their faces neither of which pull the hider from the shadows which is the problem I am having and is the reasoning, from what I have been told, as to why DMRS adn AEWO are not off of preview so that we can move on with our enchantes. If tremor and frostbite can pull people out of hiding when the hiders are dropped on thier faces then why can't Bard enchantes???