Prev_page Previous 1
new cl 02/20/2005 12:36 AM CST
I thought cl and other spells were sposed to be fixed soon to make them less accurate and damaging then spells that you have to actually target

from what i hear from the gweth from all the warmies in rossmans it was made even stronger now, the mana reduced greatly while the power stayed the same and teaching went up even further? Is theyre a reason the most powerful spell in the land got stronger when yall mentioned fixing it

Don't fear the dark, fear what hides in it.
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 01:45 AM CST
<<I thought cl and other spells were sposed to be fixed soon to make them less accurate and damaging then spells that you have to actually target

CL is a lot less accurate than a fully targetted spell. Also, the spell teaches lousy per capita. If I were to go up to each pecc, and kill it with GZ, or LB even, it would teach me more TM, than blasting 4 peccs with CL at once. I can 1 hit a peccary with a 15 mana fully targetted LB, though a 20 mana CL might kill 2 peccaries if i'm lucky. Higher tier spells should naturally do more damage, per mana point, and that is what the change did. More mana makes the spell more powerful. Those who can cast it at a higher mana level, will just make it that much more powerful.

Thoumas

The fendryad leaps in with an odd glitter in her green eyes.
She points at Xardos, calling, "Hi, Dad, I'm home!"
>
You ask, "Mind if we kill your daughter?"
>
Xardos chuckles.
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 04:33 AM CST
>Higher tier spells should naturally do more damage, per mana point, and that is what the change did.

When it can strike for over 15 times in a single cast, the bolts should be significantly weaker and less accurate than a single LB bolt, I've never understood why it was designed so closely in power to LB's bolts.

I'm curious now though.. the GM announcement it was said that it is now "significantly tougher to cast," so why is Valcer hearing it was made stronger? Exactly what about it was changed that might not of been mentioned in the GM announcement?

Dragoonseal
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 08:31 AM CST
>"significantly tougher to cast,"

Yeah I started backfiring and even got a bit o nerve damage after the changes were put in because I was trying to cast it the same way as I did with the old CL.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 11:50 AM CST
The bolts are weaker, and less accurate than a normal lightning bolt, i'm yet to see 1 CL bolt do what my LB can, at the same mana. And in less the maximum number of bolts changed, last time I checked we could only get 10 bolts per cast of CL.

Thoumas

The fendryad leaps in with an odd glitter in her green eyes.
She points at Xardos, calling, "Hi, Dad, I'm home!"
>
You ask, "Mind if we kill your daughter?"
>
Xardos chuckles.
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 08:42 PM CST
<<CL is a lot less accurate than a fully targetted spell.>>

CL is fully targeted now. First bolt goes after the target rest of them are random.

<<I'm curious now though.. the GM announcement it was said that it is now "significantly tougher to cast," so why is Valcer hearing it was made stronger? Exactly what about it was changed that might not of been mentioned in the GM announcement?>>

Valcer magically knows things about every ability his guild doesn't have, don't you know that?

Rigek

"Heh I never really liked him anyway...he wasn't right in the head..."
Re: new cl 02/20/2005 09:13 PM CST
>Valcer magically knows things about every ability his guild doesn't have, don't you know that?

>Rigek

Oh indeed, heh. However his rants, overblown or not, usually have at least some merit to them. And besides, he was going from what I heard from WMs around Rossmans, so I'd blame them.

Dragoonseal
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 12:50 AM CST
and i have a warmie along with every other guild, i have 2 accounts with 10 characters each

and your insane if you try to tell me CL is less accurate them TM spells, any mage can hit someone 10 circles over with CL that they would never hit with fireshard, the gms even said nontargeted spells wore more accurate is they they was sposed to be changing em to make targetted ones better, and all the 70 plus warmies in rossmans say its the best teaching spell of all even if they cast a tm spell and kill the same number one by one

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 01:40 AM CST
Valcer, just because you don't like something doesn't make it true.

First off, CL is a TM spell. It always has been a TM spell. It's even directly targettable now. Go on. Test it out. Prep and target. It's targetted. It's always been targetted, but now it's been updated to use the target verb. This is as opposed to, say, Branch Break, which is spell vs agility.

Second, yes. CL is less accurate than fully targetting, oh, say, lightning bolt or aether lash. This is easily demonstrated. One fully targetted lightning bolt with as much mana as I can put into it will drop a bandit or warcat (creatures that are at level for me) in one cast. One cast of chain lightning will also drop a bandit or warcat in one cast, but it will take 4-6 bolts to accomplish this. Based on this, it's safe to assume that the bolts from chain lightning are less accurate than the bolts from lightning bolt.

Third: Chain lightning teachest well. Fire rain actually teaches better in my experience. This is intended. Our magic GMs decided it wasn't desirable for the best targetted magic learning to come from using our weakest spells. Thus, the decision was made that higher tier spells have a difficulty commensurate to the spell. It's intended, for example, that fire ball be more powerful, more difficult to cast, and teach better than fire shard. However, if the mage lacks the skill to cast fire ball effectively, it will be more efficient for them to learn using fire shard.

Higher tier spells are supposed to be more powerful and teach better - that's the trade-off for requiring other spells to learn them as well as the increased difficulty in casting them.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 09:06 AM CST
I do not believe CL to be overpowered damage wise. I can just as easily cast a fully targeted LB or AEL and do the same (if not more)vitality damage than all the bolts from my CL do to a single target. My only concern is that the nerve damage is a little high. Near misses still do a decent amount of nerve damage :shrug: Again when fighting critters this is more balanced than when fighting players.

http://www.wowway.com/~dgossiaux/simucon/ - SIMUCON 2004 PHOTOS!!!
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 10:41 AM CST
That, in my opinion, has always been an issue with the messaging. There's apparently two levels of 'miss' messaging - one where you actually dodge the bolt entirely, and one where it says you dodge the bolt, but actually don't dodge it completely.

Keep in mind that chain lightning is intented to be used to damage and kill multiple creatures at a time. It accomplishes this in a different manner than fire rain (which hits all targets equally, no matter how many are present), making it less effective against a great number of targets, but its intended purpose is killing multiple targets at once.

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 12:56 PM CST
well duh ya comparing it to LB which is the same kinda death from above thing, i promise you, you can hit things with CL that you will miss with a targeted FS , never in my life has a warmie smaller then me fried me with a targetted spell they snap lb or cl, and every rossman mage seems to think it teaches the best and is the most powerful from what i hear and see used

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 01:10 PM CST
<<well duh ya comparing it to LB which is the same kinda death from above thing, i promise you, you can hit things with CL that you will miss with a targeted FS , never in my life has a warmie smaller then me fried me with a targetted spell they snap lb or cl, and every rossman mage seems to think it teaches the best and is the most powerful from what i hear and see used >>

Wait - stop the presses - you mean a higher tier spell is more effective than a lower tier one?!?

Obviously, this needs to be rectified IMMEDIATELY!
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 01:21 PM CST
>That, in my opinion, has always been an issue with the messaging. There's apparently two levels of 'miss' messaging - one where you actually dodge the bolt entirely, and one where it says you dodge the bolt, but actually don't dodge it completely.

No, it's a complete whacked out bug. Complete utter misses still do nerve damage.

Here's a nice example for you, a WM casting rapid fire minimum prep snap cast GZs at a Barbarian who is 83 circles higher than him, and at full Inner Fire the entire time. Yes, 83 circles.

Halcier reaches out toward Grungy with his right hand.
Three blasts of electricity arc from Halcier to Grungy!
He manages to get out of the way of the first arcing blast of electricity!
He manages to get out of the way of the second arcing blast of electricity!
He manages to get out of the way of the final arcing blast of electricity!
>l grung wound
You see War Chief Grungy Fistsmasher, a Dwarf.

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest.
He is in good shape.
>
Halcier traces an arcane sigil in the air.
>
>l grung wound

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest.
He is in good shape.
>
>
Two blasts of electricity arc from Halcier to Grungy!
>l grung wound

He is in good shape.
>
>
>l grung wound

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest, some minor twitching.
>
>
>l grung wound

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest, some minor twitching.
>
>
>l grung wound

>
Halcier says, "All right, those were all minimum prep."
>smile
You smile.
>
Halcier says, "No pathways, either."
>
>
>l grung wound

>
>
>
>
>l grung wound

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest, some severe twitching.
>
>
>l grung wound

He has some faint scars along the head, tiny scratches to the left arm, faint scuffing to the right hand, faint scuffing to the chest, difficulty controlling actions.

I don't really know what else to say, I'd say the log speaks for itself. The WM obviously had no chance to hit the Barb, the BMR alone was likely ripping the targeted matrix to shreds.

So why are you rewarded for a complete failure? This is one of the most annoying bugs to me, and I really wish it would be freaking fixed already, it's been around ever since the big magic rewrite.

Dragoonseal
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 02:41 PM CST
Dragonseal has a good point. Complete nerfs shouldn't be damaging anybody otherwise what is the point of contested spells?
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 03:35 PM CST
First, Valcer, LB is a targetted spell. And yes, chain lightning teaches best compared to lower tier spells for higher level mages. So what? You disagree that the higher level spells should be noticably better than the lower level spells?

As for Dragoonseal... your example has NO revelance to what we were talking about. We were talking about chain lightning.

Gar Zeng's nerve damage is not tied to whether the spell hits or misses. It does a fixed amount of nerve damage every cast, whether that cast hits or not. It's not a bug, in the sense that you're thinking of, since it was a deliberate design choice.

Chain lightning, on the other hand, only does nerve damage when it hits. The issue is that there is a level of success that appears to be a miss, when in reality the target is still receiving minor amounts of damage. The difference between chain lightning and gar zeng is that you CAN dodge chain lightning completely and come out unscathed, or block all the bolts with shield.

I agree that gar zeng should not be dealing nerve damage on complete misses; this is likely going to be rectified in the ongoing spell review. Chain lightning was recently updated to fit within the new guidelines for power/teaching for TM spell, so it appears to be working as the GMs intend it to. I'm sure feedback would be more than willing to hear your opinion if you disagree, though.

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 08:10 PM CST
>[VALCER]well duh ya comparing it to LB which is the same kinda death from above thing

CL is death from above?

~Heroiklim
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 08:48 PM CST
No, it isn't. It is castable indoors and shield blockable.

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 11:04 PM CST
doesnt mean it doesnt use the same type of things it never hardly misses anyone even if they have more evasion then your tm, and it requires no aiming, just walk in room cast 1 second everyone dead even hiding

Re: new cl 02/22/2005 11:39 PM CST
>doesnt mean it doesnt use the same type of things it never hardly misses anyone even if they have more evasion then your tm, and it requires no aiming, just walk in room cast 1 second everyone dead even hiding

Are you including shield ranks in that, or just straight evasion versus TM? If the latter, I don't see a problem.

~Heroiklim
Re: new cl 02/22/2005 11:41 PM CST
Uh... if by the same type of things, you mean TM skill, then yeah, it uses the same type of things as lightning bolt and aether lash.

And you're correct. It requires no aiming (much like thrown weapons), and yes, like all area of effect spells, it hits everyone in the room, whether or not they're hiding. And there is a 4 second prep time, since it is a TM spell.

Valcer, TM is a ranged weapon. If someone has 200 shortbow, and you have 200 evasion, do you expect to dodge their shot entirely? No way, unless you also have 200 shield. If you're going to complain about the accuracy of TM spells, you should be complaining about the accuracy of ranged weapons, or the difficulty in protecting against an attack using only one defense (evasion) instead of two (evasion and shield).

Straight TM spells (for example, frost scythe or aether lance) act nearly identically to a bow or crossbow. The higher power spells require more skill to cast and are more difficult to put more mana into, but are more powerful and have different effects than simple ranged attacks - for example, between 2-10 (depending on skill) powerful ranged attacks snapped at random targets in the room, or the ability to hold and pre-load a number of ranged attacks. Lightning storm (a higher tier, more powerful spell than chain lightning) should be interesting to see, as will mark of arhat - spells more powerful (higher tier) than what currently exist in the WM spellbooks.

Re: new cl 02/23/2005 08:15 AM CST
It's SvA spells that are being "fixed". Certain spells, such as lightning bolt and burn, were (are still, in the case of burn) using combined SvA and TM mechanics.

SvA spells, in general, were doing too much damage. Branch Break, in particular, is basically just as deadly as any TM spell - and it's not supposed to be. SvA spells are having a cap placed on their damage.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LIGHTNING BOLT OR CHAIN LIGHTNING. Since SvA is getting nerfed, lightning bolt consequently became a full TM spell (allowing it to retain, and even gain power).

At no point did ANYONE say LB/CL were being "fixed" (read: nerfed). I'm not sure where you got that impression, Valcer, but you're way off base.
Re: new cl 02/28/2005 12:28 AM CST
1. CL is not death from above at all. CL is a TM spell, and it always has been pure TM.

2, Dragoonseal, I think this thread is about CL, not GZ. I agree that GZ causing nerve damage on a complete miss is not rigt. However, that is not how CL works. Ask grungy about when Gizella casted CL on him. I believe she had about 10 cicles on him, and significantly more TM than his evasion. He dodged every bolt and recieved no nerve damage. From this alone, I'd say it's underpowered. 10 circles, much more TM than evasion, and unable to hit with the highest tier spell she had...However, if you have a complaint abut GZ nerve damage, direct me to where you're posting and I'll support your complaint. In any case that's irrelevant when discussing CL, a completely different spell.

3. Valcer, your passionate arguing makes it difficult for me to determine your point. What's the exact complaint? Here's the changes to CL, maybe this will help.....Valdrik made a new system for TM spells. Higher tier spells take more skill, have higher min preps, and higher damage potential. LB was the first spell to go on this system. It was changed from a SvA Hybrid to full TM. CL was the second spell to go o this system. It was allready a full TM spell, so that did not change. It was made fully targettable, where it was not previously (however, this is buggy, see my posts in WM folders). It is now much harder to cast. However, the min prep is much lower. It was 22, it is now 10. Basically, it's less mana intensive now, and unless you have very solid PM compared to your circle/TM, slightly less powerful. I can only channel about 22-23 mana into CL now. I could channel about 42ish before. An old cast of 42 is slightly more powerful than a new cast of 22. However, it takes a lot lss mana now, obviously. And a lot more skill. That's the basic change.

This is good. WMs don't have access to as much mana as some guilds like MM at higher levels...which is OK. But it was to the point where WMs would need a select few high mana huntin rooms just to lock TM. Rossman's peccares for example, have good mana. However, if I wanted to hunt peccs on mriss...no such luck, because not enough mana. So it takes more skill now, but less mana.

>I thought cl and other spells were sposed to be fixed soon to make them less accurate and damaging then spells that you have to actually target

Incorrect. I believe the SvA/TM changes were inteded to make TM spells more desireable. I think nevynral once said it well when he said something like, "A direct damage spell should want to be TM based." I agree 100% with this. CL is a TM spell.

The PM teaching went up because it's harder to cast. Like if they made snipe harder to succeed, it would teach more now. A bit of a tradeoff...
Re: new cl 03/05/2005 04:45 AM CST
actually no i dont expect anyone to hit me with 200 in bow without aiming if i have 200 evasion., certainly not kill me in one shot while hidden

CL uses TM but its not a targetted spell it requires no aim, its a spell vs agility that has no targetting aspect just cause it uses targeted magic skill

another example of a warmie in rossmans admitting cl just got way better when in fact it was already the most powerful spell in the game, the only ability in all dr regardless of circle that killed 5 gmnpcs in 1 second and 7000 outcasts in one day and negates all stealth combat and can kill anyone with equal evasion to your TM in one non aimed instanous shot

Zaltonion says, "I switched to frostbite...ya don't as readily from that."
>
Twinklie pokes Zaltonion in the ribs.
>'frostbite i usually offer them a chance to step outside and recieve one hit back
You say, "frostbite i usually offer them a chance to step outside and recieve one hit back"
>
Zaltonion says, "but then the gods made CL so much better."
>
Zaltonion whimpers softly.
>'one wound for one wound

Re: new cl 03/05/2005 04:48 AM CST
being able to cast 2 times at 95% of the power at least of the original for the price of one cast is a huge boost to what every warmie friend i ever had will admit was the most powerful spell already, not to mention the main one ive seen own in every major fight sides regular LB too which is similiar

Re: new cl 03/05/2005 05:18 AM CST
>>another example of a warmie in rossmans admitting cl just got way better when in fact it was already the most powerful spell in the game, the only ability in all dr regardless of circle that killed 5 gmnpcs in 1 second and 7000 outcasts in one day and negates all stealth combat and can kill anyone with equal evasion to your TM in one non aimed instanous shot

Of course, you ignore the fact that the mage that killed 5 GMNPC's in 1 second had 700+ TM at the time. Add to the fact that after that incident, CL was downtweaked. The current version of CL does is not as powerful as the original incarnation, nor is it nearly as accurate as a single lightning bolt. The reason that it is being sung praises is likely because it is less accurate, which leads to lighter hits, which leads to more hits, which leads to better teaching.

As to the 7,000 outcasts in one day, it was probably closer to 5,000, and it was fire rain and not chain lightning. Considering that they are listed as 70th circle critters, and the warrior mage had at least 60 circles on them, I'm not sure that's so off the mark.

>>CL uses TM but its not a targetted spell it requires no aim, its a spell vs agility that has no targetting aspect just cause it uses targeted magic skill

Depends entirely on how you wish to define a "TM" spell. Apparently, our GMs define TM spells differently than you do. Alas!

>>being able to cast 2 times at 95% of the power at least of the original for the price of one cast is a huge boost to what every warmie friend i ever had will admit was the most powerful spell already, not to mention the main one ive seen own in every major fight sides regular LB too which is similiar

97% of all statistics are made up. "95% at least of the original power" eh?

-Aurica.
Re: new cl 03/05/2005 08:26 AM CST
<<CL uses TM but its not a targetted spell it requires no aim, its a spell vs agility that has no targetting aspect just cause it uses targeted magic skill>>

Actually, it IS a TM spell, and no, it's NOT a spell Vs. agility spell.
Re: new cl 03/05/2005 01:00 PM CST
Valcer,

No problem with you complaining. Let's try to be accurate with your complaints though.

What do I mean? Let's go down the list of your lies and exagerations...

FIRST INACCURACY
>CL uses TM but its not a targetted spell it requires no aim, its a spell vs agility that has no targetting aspect

Incorrect. CL is a TM spell. This is evidenced by
1. Shorter prep time that all TM spells have
2. AC works on it
3. 2-Way blockable by Voi.

Heck, even Hybrid TM/SvA spells are only 1-way blockable by VoI and have the longer prep time and AC barely helps.

>regardless of circle that killed 5 gmnpcs in 1 second

OK. I responded to your first statement. Now this is silly. I won't waste breath responding to the rest of your posts when anyone regardless of circle can kill 5 GMNPCS in 1 second.

I'm down with having a discussion. However, judging from your exagerations and lies, you are not.

Thanks.
Re: new cl 03/08/2005 05:56 AM CST
CL is a tm spell in that it uses TM and teaches it i said this already

it is not a TARGETED spell is what i say, thus should not be as powerful as a targetted spell of the same guild, be like barbs gettin the ability at 40th level to snap shot more accurately then if they aim, it would make them snap shot ALL the time

And my % exaggeration was a 80th warmies in rossmans not mine i was asking them about the spell they said it was just about as powerful a tiny bit less but they can cast em way more since use less mana so overall is MUCH better

And yes it is pointless to argue cause youll always want ya cl to be godly and i aint gonna change ya mind, my post was to GMs not you

A 200th level barb cant kill a gmnpc without targetting or aimming, in one shot soon as they enter the room much less 5

Re: new cl 03/08/2005 05:59 AM CST
<<it is not a TARGETED spell is what i say, thus should not be as powerful as a targetted spell of the same guild, be like barbs gettin the ability at 40th level to snap shot more accurately then if they aim, it would make them snap shot ALL the time>>

Chain Lightning is a TM a Targeted spell in every sense of the word, and in every sense of the magic system. It uses the precise same mechanics as all the other TM spells. If that doesn't make a spell "targeted" I don't know what else would.

~Valdrik

<--- Warrior Mage Haiku --->
My pants are aflame
I did not learn water spells
so now I must ARGGHHHH

http://www.livejournal.com/users/valdrik/

http://www.naebunny.com/TopFrameSet.htm
Re: new cl 03/08/2005 06:21 AM CST
First of all Valcer, stop complaining when 90% of your argument is made up. People will be more likely to believe your complaints if you use facts and actual data.

You complain about being hit by 80th circle War Mages casting CL, well guess what, I'm sure you don't have the skill to dodge a bolt from them.

70th level War Mages have 280 ranks of target.
75th level War Mages have 305 ranks of target.
80th level War Mages have 330 ranks of target.

You need more than that in evasion to dodge the bolts. If you get hit, then train reflex or evasion.

Sabashtin..

[Rumet] "Aedem what was that I told you earlier?"
[Aedem] "That your mother misses me?"
Re: new cl Vadrik 03/08/2005 07:39 AM CST
>>My main point was to ask you why from a game design perspective you would make this spell the best, or one of the best, ways to learn TM?

You do know that all TM spells are undergoing a change in how they work, and how they train TM, so as to make it more skill-appropriate as to which TM spell(s) will teach each Warrior Mage appropriately.

Unfortunately, only a few of the WM spells have yet been moved over to the new paradigm yet, mainly FRS, LB, CL and sprobably SStrk.

Once it is all done, and the additional spells in development are released, you should start seeing Warrior Mages casting more than just GZ, AEL and CL to learn TM.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/4btcl
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: new cl Vadrik 03/08/2005 07:48 AM CST
<<My main point was to ask you why from a game design perspective you would make this spell the best, or one of the best, ways to learn TM?>>

Its the only 4th tier TM spell in the WM arsenal, and is currently the highest tier TM spell released. So naturally it is currently the best way to learn TM. This will change when I get finished with the new 5th tier TM spell coming down the road.

~V

<--- Warrior Mage Haiku --->
My pants are aflame
I did not learn water spells
so now I must ARGGHHHH

http://www.livejournal.com/users/valdrik/

http://www.naebunny.com/TopFrameSet.htm
Re: new cl Vadrik 03/08/2005 06:18 PM CST
CL is intended to be chaotic/dangerous to use.

Not everything should be convenient.
Re: new cl 03/08/2005 06:49 PM CST
>>be like barbs gettin the ability at 40th level to snap shot more accurately then if they aim, it would make them snap shot ALL the time

Questionable analogy. In fact, CL is less accurate than a fully targeted LB. A closer analogy would be ohh... if they were able to shoot more than one arrow at a time with less accuracy. Heck, they might call this ability "dual load" or something of that sort.

>>And my % exaggeration was a 80th warmies in rossmans not mine i was asking them about the spell they said it was just about as powerful a tiny bit less but they can cast em way more since use less mana so overall is MUCH better

Oh yes, I forget, it's perfectly valid to use what one knows is an exaggeration in a debate, as long as someone else states it first. And who would've thought that a higher tier spell would be better than a lower tier spell? Absolutely unthinkable! Spells should be less useful as we go up the tiers, that way everyone will be able to use the useful ones.

>>A 200th level barb cant kill a gmnpc without targetting or aimming, in one shot soon as they enter the room much less 5

Let me guess, all your 200th circle barbarian friends told you so? The last time I checked, the current circle cap is at 150th, which is, of course, beside the point. Targeted magic is not a ranged weapon, nor is a warrior mage a barbarian. Both have different drawbacks and different strengths. The core of your argument here still seems to be the idea that any old warrior mage can walk in and kill 5 GMNPC's, which has already been shown to be patently false.

>>And yes it is pointless to argue cause youll always want ya cl to be godly and i aint gonna change ya mind, my post was to GMs not you

And someone obviously has a clear vendetta against all abilities that dare defy the sanctity of hiding and its ability to make one completely invulnerable to offenses, and has no compunctions against making up "facts", in order to support his own point.

-Aurica

PS. If you think CL is overpowered, I can't wait to read your posts when Lightning Storm comes out. ;)
Re: new cl Vadrik 03/08/2005 10:41 PM CST
i have well over 330 evasion my friend

and GM guy ya didnt listen to my statement i said yes its TM SPELL

it is not a TARGETED spell it may be defined as a target spell cause of its mechanics but it doesnt require targetting for full power, the lack of targetting makes it a non targetting spell, like a bow that doesnt have to aim to achieve max power would not be an aim bow if it used bow skill

Re: new cl Vadrik 03/08/2005 10:42 PM CST
and i doubt cl was made to hit innocent people in dr to detract from theyre fun

they could easily make it hit only things engaged with you and ya could wait for the pecs to advance

Re: new cl 03/08/2005 10:45 PM CST
and i never said u had no skills i said noone else can do it even your level and even if they had your tm in a weapon, noone could kill 5 major gmnpc with a non aimed single shot

have someone prove me wrong

and hiding did not provide immunity even before cl it had two skill defense, hiding and perception you could train either

making magic,weapons,perception,hiding and a watch command all defeat hiding is going a lil overboard, im still waiting for a no skill command to boost my magic defense like watch and a stealth ability to negate evasion

Re: new cl 03/08/2005 11:42 PM CST
>>it is not a TARGETED spell it may be defined as a target spell cause of its mechanics but it doesnt require targetting for full power, the lack of targetting makes it a non targetting spell, like a bow that doesnt have to aim to achieve max power would not be an aim bow if it used bow skill

As I said, it all depends on how you wish to define a "targeted spell". A spell that uses TM spell mechanics sounds like a pretty good definition to me and the first bolt of the spell can now be targeted. Further, as has been stated, single bolt from CL is less accurate and powerful than a single LB, which is a tier lower than it. Chain lightning, being a tier higher, is both more difficult to cast and more powerful overall. Given that we have no other similarly-tiered spells to test it against, we really have an accurate power-measure for what the "full power" of a single-target spell of that tier will be, though with Mark of Arhat making its debut on the previewed spell list, hopefully we won't have to wait long.

>>making magic,weapons,perception,hiding and a watch command all defeat hiding is going a lil overboard, im still waiting for a no skill command to boost my magic defense like watch and a stealth ability to negate evasion

Which is all quite irrelevant to the argument at hand, but nicely reveals your hidden agenda.

>>i never said u had no skills i said noone else can do it even your level and even if they had your tm in a weapon, noone could kill 5 major gmnpc with a non aimed single shot

Heh. I never said that you said that I have no skills. What I said was that you seem to think it takes no skill to operate the spell, as exhibited below:

>>the only ability in all dr regardless of circle that killed 5 gmnpcs in 1 second and 7000 outcasts in one day
From post 3439, this folder.

The whole "regardless of circle" implies that skill plays no part in the spell, which is clearly not, nor has it ever been, the case.

As to the whole idea that no other guild can perform a similar feat, my question is: so? Only empaths can heal. I think they should be downtweaked. Barbarians are the best at overall combat. Paladins are the best at defense. Massive offensive power and room spells are the Warrior Mage forte, which works especially well when the targets have significantly lower defense than the mage's TM, as was the case with the five GMNPC's that you are so very fond of bringing up to prove how very overpowered Chain Lightning is, while gleefully neglecting the fact that the spell has gone through one downtweak and one complete rewrite since that incident.

Oh and just to add more targets for your little crusade, you might look at the moon mage spell Telekenetic Storm. It hits people in hiding! You should also be concerned with the coming Smite Horde spell for Paladins, and Harm Horde for Clerics, along with whatever other room spells they're likely to get. I'm pretty sure Halo hits targets in hiding. Oh, and did I mention that Moon Mages have the Shadow Web spell that webs you, even if you're hidden? And let's not even bring up all those Bard enchantes. The horror! The horror! We must stop the proliferation of abilities for other guilds, or downtweak them until they're all as powerful as cantrips!

As amusing as it's been, it is also pretty apparent to me that this discussion isn't really going anywhere, so I bid you adeiu before our dear Annwyl makes an appearance. Enjoy arguing until you're blue in the face though, since you seem to find it so very entertaining! But do remember to smile once in a while, it does tend make people so very much more pleasant.

-Aurica.

PS. Yes, the grass really is always greener on the Warrior Mage side of the fence! :D
Re: new cl Vadrik 03/09/2005 05:44 AM CST
Valcer, CL does require targetting for its FULL POWER. Just like all TM spells. Like all TM spells, you don't hae to TARGET something. Now, the first bolt is the only bolt that increases in power with a FULL TARGET. Now the power of each bolt after the first bolt, I can not confirm that the power is the same at full target or not.

Goou Laughter, protector of the bovines.

P.S. Don't harm the aurochs.
Prev_page Previous 1