hatchling resistance 09/04/2004 03:34 PM CDT
Just curious as to why the majority of kra'hei hatchlings take damage from my GZ spell but some deflect it completely or almost completely? My PM and TM skills are high enough that it should not be deflected anytime I would think or at least be consistant either way.
Re: hatchling resistance 09/08/2004 02:17 AM CDT
>My PM and TM skills are high enough that it should not be deflected anytime I would think or at least be consistant either way.

Without posting your skills there's now way anyone can comment on that. And without posting your character name GMs are going to have trouble commenting on it either (hard to trace character name from account name for the average GM, I believe).

>Just curious as to why the majority of kra'hei hatchlings take damage from my GZ spell but some deflect it completely or almost completely?

There's a random factor in most all spells, skills, and abilities in DR. Other possible factors include mana of the GZ, targetting time of GZ, balance of the target, whether or not you're using aether pathways, injuries of target, injuries of caster, and possible variance in creature. You could detect possible variance in creature by appraising it. For example, if you hunted bristle backed peccaries you would notice that not all are created equal. There are a few different versions that are indistinguishable except when appraising them.

Player of Tessaa
Re: hatchling resistance 09/11/2004 12:04 PM CDT
<<Without posting your skills there's now way anyone can comment on that. And without posting your character name GMs are going to have trouble commenting on it either (hard to trace character name from account name for the average GM, I believe).>>

Primary Magic: 237 07% pondering
Harness Ability: 230 16% pondering
Power Perceive: 144 18% clear
Magical Devices: 150 04% clear
Targeted Magic: 174 66% muddled
Re: hatchling resistance 09/11/2004 04:20 PM CDT
Just to let ya know, hatchlings are extremely resilent critters, about one third of the hatchlings are immune to my ice patch, and maybe one quarter are not affected by my dragon's breath. Vertigo, and Aether lance always seem to work.

Stat info
Strength : 31 Reflex : 40
Agility : 31 Charisma : 28
Discipline : 35 Wisdom : 30
Intelligence : 35 Stamina : 30
Concentration: 297 Max: 297

Magic skills
Primary Magic: 367 65% learning Harness Ability: 371 30% muddled
Power Perceive: 294 95% pondering Magical Devices: 328 16% muddled
Targeted Magic: 265 51% learning

ps - none of them are immune to my Bastard sword :)
Heavy Edged: 127 15% clear Twohanded Edged: 146 25% clear

Player of Wabo