How can I recognize a spell I don't know? 08/02/2004 10:52 PM CDT
You reach out with your senses and see powerfully glowing streams of Life energy coursing through the area.
You can sense that there is a little more mana to the northwest, immensely less mana to the northeast, and a little less mana to the north.
You sense the Gift of Life spell upon you, which should last for about ten roisaen.
You sense the lingering pulse of a recent Earth Sense spell.

Earth Sense is a war mage spell, fairly high tier. Even if I'm in tune enough with elemental magic to notice spell traces, how could an empath know what spell it was?

Passionata
Re: How can I recognize a spell I don't know? 08/02/2004 11:04 PM CDT
Because it's ON YOU.

if it were a room effect spell it wouldprobably be indistinguisible. Although the odd messaging for the recent cast of earth sence is a nuisiance.

It's always been that way, it's not a bug.

If it's, GM's arent that worried about a spell that IS ON a target that is percieved, through PP or ES, will be known to the target, weather or not they know the nature of the spell.

Same thing happens with enchantes.

.srats eht esahc sevlow ,eerf nur snrocinu erehW

Re: How can I recognize a spell I don't know? 08/02/2004 11:10 PM CDT
<<Because it's ON YOU. if it were a room effect spell it wouldprobably be indistinguisible.>>

The spell is cast on the room, not on people. Further, I wasn't in the room when it was cast, not even within reach of the spell.