Pathways and TM question 05/07/2004 11:47 AM CDT
I'm fairly new to the elemental magic scene and have a couple of questions:

1)Regarding pathways: If you know more than one, can you invoke multiple pathways at the same time?

2)Pathways: What factors determine the length of time and degree of effectiveness that a given pathway operates at? IE: What can I do to make PATH FOC DAM last longer or be more effective?

3)Regarding Targetted Magic: What is the most efficient method by which to fill a TM pool? a)More damage caused to a target per cast. b)More casts at a target per roisan.

4) Targetted magic: Is it more effective (for gaining exp) to target a specific body part or just the critter in general?

Thank you for any helpful input.

Soak. Halfling mage in training.
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/07/2004 04:30 PM CDT
1) no
2) Disc intel charis
3) currently overkill using multi shot spells
4) no extra exp from specific targetting except that a chest wound can do more damage than an arm wound

Tessaa
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/07/2004 07:44 PM CDT
>> 1)Regarding pathways: If you know more than one, can you invoke multiple pathways at the same time?

Currently released pathways: no. Later pathways? Currently unknown.

>> 2)Pathways: What factors determine the length of time and degree of effectiveness that a given pathway operates at? IE: What can I do to make PATH FOC DAM last longer or be more effective?

As mentioned, mental stats. The best way to utilize Path Damage is to start it after your matrix is formed, then cast, then do a PATH STOP until you are ready for your next cast.

>> 3)Regarding Targetted Magic: What is the most efficient method by which to fill a TM pool? a)More damage caused to a target per cast. b)More casts at a target per roisan.

More damage = more experience. Best scenario, if you can handle it, is to go into an area that swarms fairly well, so you can kill things as fast as you can with your TM spells, and still not run out of targets. Downside is that this relies heavily on your Multi-Opponent skill and the tertiary defenses.

Rats up to about 30 TM or so, fairly easy to handle even in bulk. Grass eels up to about 50, or so I have heard, much harder to handle. Beisswurms up to around 80 or so, IIRC from others' posts, again harder than rats to handle in bulk. Sand sprites, IIRC, are next, up to around 100-110 ranks, drawbacks are that they use Tingle and can nibble you to death with their daggers, unless you can Tingle them in return.

>> 4) Targetted magic: Is it more effective (for gaining exp) to target a specific body part or just the critter in general?

The only experience bonus for specific targeting, if you can hit your targeted area consistently, is that currently additional hits to the same area tend to do more damage due to the area being weakened, and kill your target a bit faster than general targeting does.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://www.geocities.com/kinevon @ prodigy.net/ (remove the spaces for my DR links page)
Mac OS X FE: http://www.simucon2004.com/~kynevon/DragonRealms/WaveFront.zip
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/18/2004 12:11 PM CDT
<<1)Regarding pathways: If you know more than one, can you invoke multiple pathways at the same time?>>

<<1) no>>

However...

Since nobody mentioned it, you can use multiple pathways to enhance the same spell, if they affect different parts of the spell. For example, you can use PF Accuracy during the targeting phase to reduce targeting time, then switch to PF Damage when casting to enhance the damage.

~Vraniss~
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/18/2004 09:45 PM CDT
>you can use PF Accuracy during the targeting phase to reduce targeting time

Quickness.

Tessaa
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/19/2004 11:21 PM CDT
Yeah.. you're ahead of us here.. accuracy isn't out yet. Maybe it'll be sooner than soon before we get the remainder of them.

Warrior Mage Newtrini Pi'Gui

-Don't spawn your score of mortal progeny in MY footsteps!
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/20/2004 03:47 PM CDT
Hot Summer nights are coming up soon, yes?
Or are they back to harvest nights?

Jerevth

Nodwick: "Okay... this is ominous."
Yeagar:"If "ominous" means something that makes you "*need to change your shorts*", then I've learned a new word."
(Moments later) I think I just "ominoused" myself.
Re: Pathways and TM question 05/21/2004 02:28 PM CDT
<<Quickness.>>

<<Tessaa>>

Whatever.

~Vraniss~