Tingle 05/06/2004 02:38 PM CDT
Please make tingle work in water, thank you.

Kelyan
Re: Tingle 05/06/2004 04:13 PM CDT
It should be twice as effective in water. Everyone drops their weapon. (Har!)

Jerevth

Nodwick: "Okay... this is ominous."
Yeagar:"If "ominous" means something that makes you "*need to change your shorts*", then I've learned a new word."
(Moments later) I think I just "ominoused" myself.
Re: Tingle 05/06/2004 05:30 PM CDT
>It should be twice as effective in water. Everyone drops their weapon. (Har!)

It already works this way.

* Stupidmage is slain before your eyes!
Stupidmage's weapon falls to the ground.

*You were slain before your eyes!
Your r/r kertig broadsword gets sucked into a ripple.

*Bystander is slain before your eyes!
Bystander's dragon crossbow falls to the ground. Misfiring and randomly hitting Raenilar 3 provinces away.

Raenilar says, "OMG weak."

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: Tingle 05/07/2004 04:36 PM CDT
Thanks for the chuckle Steel.
Good point.
Something I thought about today- it's a damn shame the enemy actually was smart enough to invade during the winter- that crippled a book of magic already: fire. It's still usable but not nearly as effective.

Jerevth

Yeagar:"If "ominous" means something that makes you "*need to change your shorts*", then I've learned a new word."
Re: Tingle 05/07/2004 05:28 PM CDT
>smart enough to invade during the winter

Just like hitler and that french guy were smart enough to invade russia in the winter.

Tessaa
Re: Tingle 05/08/2004 04:08 PM CDT
Our abilities in fire spells diminish with the winter. It's our second most destructive book. In my opinion- electricity being the first)
They made a good tactical decision to hit now when a fair portion of our fire spells are reduced in capability.

And I thought Germany invaded in the summer and the Russians just held out far longer than anticipated.

Jerevth

Re: Tingle 05/09/2004 02:17 AM CDT
<<Just like hitler and that french guy were smart enough to invade russia in the winter.

<<And I thought Germany invaded in the summer and the Russians just held out far longer than anticipated.

Heh, good point. I was bored and I looked up some information on this.

On Aug 15th 1812 Napoleon's invaded Russia when his army crossed the Denepr river .

On September 14th 1812 Napoleon occupied Moscow, which the Russians then Burned. Realizing there was no food, on October 18th 1812 he began his retreat. Due to the scorched earth tactics which left no food to plunder, the Cossaks that harried and harrased their retreat, and the extrem cold, the retreat took 3 months and ended up destroying the French Army.

On June 22nd 1941 Operation Barbarossa The German invasion of the Soviet Union began.

Operation Barbarossa was named after Frederick the 1st, aka "Frederick Redbeard" aka Frederick Barbarossa. He was crowned Holy Roman Emperor and was one of the leaders of the 3rd Crusade. According to the legend, and the reason the operation was named after him, he is said not to be dead, but asleep with his knights in a cave in a mountain in Thuringia, Germany, and that supposedly when ravens cease to fly around the mountain he will awake and restore Germany to its ancient greatness. According to the story his red beard has grown through the table beside which he sits. His eyes are half closed in sleep, but now and then he raises his hand and sends a boy out to see if the ravens have stopped flying.

Just for some further information, the Soviets didn't manage to break Stalingrad until Jan 31st of 1943, and didn't manage to actually push the Germans out of Russian until January 6th 1944.

Ok, so what I've always had an unnatural fascination with History and medieval weapons. Maybe thats why I like DR so much.

:-)

Mole

AIM ~ Jasperjohn DR

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Help. Help. If anyone reads this I am being held prisoner by an evil Eunuch. Help.