Mantle of Flame 04/21/2004 11:46 AM CDT
Someone tries to steal from you... They either get a message about not being able to dart their hands in the flames without getting burned, so they back off.

Or if they fail a (i'd guess stupidity check) they get cuts and bruises on whatever hand they went, a vitality hit, and you see them yelp in agony.

Now.... My question is thus.... Knowing that, can anyone tell me why exactly following the mage removes MOF from the equation?

Yes, if someone's in your group (say, a thief with a bazillion ranks in stalking who you have no friggin' prayer of seeing), they zip right past the mantle as if it doesn't even exist.

This is a real burning question (pun fully intended)

~T
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/21/2004 12:28 PM CDT
I've always thought kissing and hugging and touching should make people get burned too.

Mytherceria, BlackFire Hopeful
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/21/2004 01:43 PM CDT
<<I've always thought kissing and hugging and touching should make people get burned too>>

Talk about having a "hot" date.

Woodcubb of Ilithi
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/21/2004 02:42 PM CDT
Can't blow a kiss with DB, that's for certain.

Jerevth

I have walked my way since the beginning of time; sometimes I give, sometimes I take. It is mine to know which and when.
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/21/2004 11:01 PM CDT
>Can't blow a kiss with DB, that's for certain.

Or exhale origami :(

Tessaa
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/22/2004 10:41 AM CDT
<<Or if they fail a (i'd guess stupidity check) they get cuts and bruises on whatever hand they went, a vitality hit, and you see them yelp in agony.>>

I've caused as much as deep cuts or deep slashes.
Re: Mantle of Flame 04/26/2004 12:18 AM CDT
>Or exhale origami :(

Or tobacco smoke...

COUGH

COUGH

COUGH