[06:47] Earthquake (7 roisaen)
[06:47] Avalanche (8 roisaen)
[06:47] Tenacity (14 roisaen)
[06:47] Contemplation (14 roisaen)

Log:
R> get second phoe
...wait 1 seconds.
R>
The fuligin moth's strange hand-like antennae briefly stroke one another as it rotates its elongated head back and forth.
> get second phoe
[train]: kick rock
A painful lump rises in your throat as some nearby shadows darken and shift.

>
You get an indurium phoenix with eyes of canary diamond from inside your hitman's backpack.
>
You take a step back and run up to the pile of rocks. Bringing your foot smashing down onto the pile, you send bits and pieces of debris scattering in every direction. Looking around for the now defunct mountain of glory, you fail to find any signs of its presence.

> invoke phoe
The fuligin moth closes to melee range on you!
>
You hold the indurium phoenix in your hand and close your eyes in concentration.

Spell window after:
06:47] Bear (64 roisaen)
[06:47] Eagle (65 roisaen)
[06:47] Dragon (64 roisaen)
[06:47] Piranha (65 roisaen)
[06:47] Python (65 roisaen)
[06:47] Tenacity (14 roisaen)
[06:47] Contemplation (14 roisaen)
[06:47] Rage of the Clans (34 roisaen)

This was taken from Genie but the same principle applies to Stormfront, I can provide logs which look very similar if you feel it will be helpful. Something about Barb abilities changed on the back-end in the last 4-8 weeks which makes tracking with active spell window very spotty.

The specific issue is that when activating a new ability for the first time the spell window updates fine, but once the duration finishes and ability drops, spell tracker still displays them with durations of the last time since the spell window changed. You can see this reflected in the pastes above: spell tracker says I have several berserks running (when I don't), I manually force a refresh with a RAGE wand, and then it updates tp reflect active abilities correctly and berserks are no longer present. This applies to all Barbarian ability types that reflect in the spell window (forms, berserks, meditations).

Please let me know if any further details or logs will be helpful.
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/11/2021 07:47 AM CST
This one was my fault, I think. I made a change back in December that was supposed to make the mechanic more resource friendly behind-the-scenes. Basically anyone who ever had a spell cast on them was trying to update their spell window forever, even after spells wore off and no buffs were there. Now it only tries to refresh if there is something actually there.

Barbarians had special handling that I missed, and the refresh part was being dropped. Thanks to a quick QC from Grejuva, I think this should be better now. Let us know if it's still off!

Zadraes
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/11/2021 04:25 PM CST
Looks like it's working now, thanks for the quick turnaround Z!
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/12/2021 10:56 AM CST
Actually there is still a bug with this.

If you have no abilities running and have a non-barb spell cast on you, for me it was HES, it still doesn't show in the Active Spells window until you start at least one barb ability. This makes MED DISPEL a bit less useful unless we can see all spells on us all the time.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/12/2021 12:10 PM CST
Pondering how to resolve this. Tricky situation with the way it's set up currently. May just return barbs to the old way before I meddled. Gimme a day or two to dig more, will update when I can!

Zadraes
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/13/2021 03:28 PM CST
I could live with a non-barb spell cast on us triggering the update to the Active Spells window so that we know it's there (good or bad spells). Duration doesn't matter. Then MED DISPEL also updates the window when it is used. Then it's all normal normal when we have barb abilities up, as you have it now. Just trying to help ;-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/17/2021 03:40 PM CST
I'm seeing spells in my Active Spells window removed by MED DISPEL pretty quick even when no abilities are running. So I think it's just if we get spells cast on us Barbs when no other abilities are running showing up.

Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/17/2021 03:44 PM CST
Also, they don't show up in MED POWER output

You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
The burning symbols indicate no abilities are currently affecting you.
********************************************/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

I have HES on me above.

I start Earthquake and both HES and Earthquake show up in my Active Spells window however no HES in MED POWER

You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
The Earthquake Berserk will rage within you for 9 roisaen.
/

You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.

Re: Stormfront Spell Tracker and Barb Abilities 02/22/2021 08:18 PM CST
I've reverted the barb handling for the active spell window to the way it was before I made updates in December.

Barb handling of the window feels weird, but this happened while I was away from DR so I'm not familiar with the discussions around it at the time. The ability doesn't show spells, only your berserks/barb things. But unless I missed something, the spell window was/is set to show spells as well. Thieves are set to see their khri, but they don't see spells. I left that aspect alone when I was updating things, but it feels inconsistent.

For now, I've not changed the existing behavior, but we'll have a discussion on it and post if anything changes either way. Ultimately, my original tweak was just meant to be an invisible behind-the-scenes thing!

Zadraes