Swarm Cast Area and GS 07/29/2020 11:39 PM CDT
Got the swarm tattoo with the intention of using CAST AREA with Swarm so I could hit creatures in hiding. Unfortunately this hits and de-summons my GS.

Did I waste my bloodscrip or is that a bug with the spell?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Swarm Cast Area and GS 07/30/2020 02:13 AM CDT
You might try `cast engaged`. Pfanston cast swarm (using cast engaged) with a GS summoned by an Empath in the room in combat and it ignored the GS. It wouldn't pick off hidden but unengaged creatures but it should hit the ones that are hidden and engaged.
Re: Swarm Cast Area and GS 07/30/2020 03:13 AM CDT
Try casting at CREATURES instead of at AREA. The area modifier tries to hit everything with no exceptions, but the creatures modifier received a quality of life improvement a while back that makes it ignore combat pets. Not to mention that you also risk hitting other players randomly walking through the room by using cast area.
Re: Swarm Cast Area and GS 07/30/2020 08:31 AM CDT

Yeah, use CAST CREATURES and it'll hit everything in the room. I'm a ranger so I know this works. If you just use CAST swarm only hits the creature that's on you.

Bluefalcon
Re: Swarm Cast Area and GS 07/30/2020 04:23 PM CDT
Seems like that's missing some in hiding when I try that, but it could just be how it's picking the 6 maximum targets. It'll work anyway.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.