Bug? 02/03/2020 09:06 PM CST
Is this a bug? The Seal Cambrinth spell (analogous utility ritual) backfires SOOO often. With perfect health (empath checked)

I just ran a test, cast it 20 times, with 14 backfires.
When discerning this BASIC level spell, I can cast it at 546 mana, however, I only tried to cast it at 460 (85% power)

I guess I can't help but wonder... shouldn't analogous basic spells fail much less frequently? Full health, 85% power, but a 70% backfire rate? Yuck.
Re: Bug? 02/04/2020 07:10 AM CST
None of my magic-using chars are that strong, but that sure does look like a bug to me!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Bug? 02/04/2020 10:00 AM CST
Do you get a concentration hit for casting it? If so, are you waiting for your concentration to regenerate completely before casting again?

--
Re: Bug? 02/05/2020 09:16 AM CST
>>I just ran a test, cast it 20 times, with 14 backfires.
>>When discerning this BASIC level spell, I can cast it at 546 mana, however, I only tried to cast it at 460 (85% power)

What happens as you lower it a point at a time? The large value for prep means you have much more granularity in prep values near 85% vs other spells.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh